Job descriptionCompany Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This Account Executive role is an Executive Sales opportunity within the Community US Financial Institutional Sales function. This role is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients in the Southwest (AR, LA, OK, TX) region, both Visa-branded and DPS-processed clients. This role will develop account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts and win new business. This role is responsible for ensuring implementation of annual goals and plans. Qualified candidates will show an ability to build relationships internally and to excel while managing the portfolio of clients and selling new revenue generating opportunities. This Account Executive portfolio will be comprised of state ownership for all Community financial institutions along with Texas FIs. Work alongside team members and enable them for success both in the Community Account team and elsewhere at Visa.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Client negotiation with no management assistance
- Ability to independently fully lead on-site Client visits with various Client stakeholders/consultants
- Develop and execute customized account and territory plans to increase sales volume, revenue and market share within the region
- Create and expand existing relationship/partnerships through cross sales and revenue generating opportunities
- Confidently engage with C-level Client contacts
- Demonstrated DPS product expertise and ability to facilitate and create/support DPS sales efforts (in collaboration with the DPS sales team) from lead sourcing to implementation and ongoing Account leadership for Processing clients.
- Support non-traditional Clients such as Fin Tech players or sponsors
- Coordinate and host various Client / Partner events (Innovation Center, seminars, webinars)
- Highly visible member of the team (participates in meetings, leads meetings, internal advisor and resource)
- Ensure implementation and completion of annual goals and plans
- Actively participate in and lead various ad-hoc internal projects
- Assist marketing and product development in launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts
- Lead by Example both within the Community Account team as well as all of Financial Institution Sales and Visa overall
- Actively seeks to provide training and leadership throughout the Financial Institution Sales organization
- Assist in the onboarding of new employees with a focus on career development/job progression
- Adept at challenging the status quo, explores new ways to conduct our business, implements these ideas on behalf of entire team
- Actively seek ways to expand the scope of the role within and outside of Visa
- Generate and lead external speaking engagements on behalf of Visa
- Role model the Visa Leadership Principles
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD .
- 10+ years of work experience with progressively responsible business experience including management, sales and/or relationship management
- Possesses significant functional and industry experience and expertise, expected to be subject matter expert in multiple specific skills sets, business areas, or products.
- Willingness to learn and execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Ability to develop, lead and close complex competitive sales efforts
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to strategically lead internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for decision making
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.