The purpose of this classification is to provide employment readiness training and to assist individuals with attaining sustainable employment.
Provides instruction in adult education course to include Microsoft Office Suite, IC3 Digital Literacy Certification training.
- Makes recommendations and assists with curriculum development for academic studies and office administration skill training.
- Administers and interprets tests to gauge the learner’s grasp of learning objectives and course goals to ensure milestones are met.
- Ensures equipment such as computers, monitors and printers are working properly.
- Prepares monthly reports as required.
- Files student(s) course work in the office file system.
- Conducts customer assessments to determine the degree of job readiness.
- Develops a plan for job readiness activities
- Conducts group and individual job-seeking skills training, utilizing outside resources, and guest speakers when appropriate.
- Maintains complete database (e.g.; OCEAN) of individual participants including referring source, goals set, test results, training (if any), and performance level(s).
- Works closely with employment specialist to identify appropriate job match.
- Identifies success barriers and recommends the appropriate intervention.
- Prepares statistical/narrative reports as required.
- Attends meetings, conferences and seminars as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Education or related field. Bi-Lingual, a plus. IT Certification(s) with equivalent experience as demonstrated by three (3) years of relevant work experience as an adult education instructor specializing in Information Technology will be considered in lieu of Degree. Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license.
Additional Requirements/Conditions of Employment:
Successful results of pre and continued employment assessments including fingerprinting, drug testing, medical examinations and background check(s).
Step Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Agency will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Must have State of Ohio ACT 33 (Child Abuse) ACT 34 (Criminal Record) and ACT 14 (FBI) Clearances.