Job descriptionAide Kindergarten ELC - RME - (22000233) Description Job Overview
The Aide Kindergarten will assist students and the classroom teacher by performing related tasks and supporting classroom instruction under the direct supervision of the teacher, building administrator or appropriate supervisor. Provide instructional support and reinforces previously taught skills to students in a variety of settings, including whole group, small group, and one-on-one. The incumbent will assist with record keeping, preparation and development of instructional materials and other classroom tasks. Maintain an environment that is safe and engaging for all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide coverage for the classroom teacher when necessary
- Assist with classroom management by maintaining alert attention regarding supervision of students at all times in a variety of settings
- Work cooperatively with substitute teachers in providing instruction and assistance to students
- Collect data, document, and chart student progress in collaboration with the teacher
- Assist in administering assessments under the supervision of the classroom teacher
- Participate in various committees and attend required campus and/or district meetings
- Supervise students before, during, and after school on the playground, lunchroom and during any school-sponsored activity occurring during the school day
- Assist in the safe and orderly movement of all students to and from classrooms
- Maintain confidentiality of student information
- Perform clerical tasks such as typing correspondence, copying materials, reading and responding to email, etc.
- Provide for basic needs of students who are not able to care for themselves including but not limited to toileting and feeding
- Compile, maintain, and file/submit all reports, records, and other documents required
- Participate in continuing education experiences and professional development to enhance the skills/knowledge necessary to serve program students
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the above essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities, required unless otherwise stated as preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
- Minimum of 48 college hours or passing score on the Para Professional Assessment of Knowledge
- Texas Educational aid Certification to obtain within 10 days of hire
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with elementary age children and knowledge of the learning process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to operate a variety of classroom instructional equipment, including and not limited to computers, audio/visual and video equipment
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in classrooms, offices, work stations and meeting rooms.
The position requires occasional walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and lifting/carrying work related items weighing less than 40 pounds, such as books, papers and presentation materials. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Attendance at conferences and professional development is required. Work involves everyday risks and discomforts which require normal safety precautions when operating equipment or performing job duties. May work prolonged or irregular hours and must be able to maintain emotional control under stress.
Primary Location: TEXAS-HOUSTON Work Locations: EARLY LITERACY CENTER-RME 5353 RIDGE CREEK CIRCLE HOUSTON 77053 Job: Staff Organization: ELEMENTARY Position Calendar: 184SEP School Year:2022-2023 Salary Grade: 501 Unposting Date: Dec 16, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Crothall Laundry Services Jacksonville, FL Today