As an Architect at Credera, you will lead teams (usually 2-8) in implementing software solutions. Our projects range from creating custom web applications to implementing a rich user interface to developing an ADA-compliant public website optimized for SEO.
On a typical day, you might expect to design and provision the infrastructure for an application, implement an A/B testing strategy, or install and configure CRM on-premises and configure the database for optimal performance. You will also serve as the day-to-day project team leader, set up product backlogs, code repositories, and build/release management tools, and create presentation decks for client stakeholder meetings.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an experienced, hands-on software architect that has been in the industry or technology consulting for at least 6 years. You spend at least 40% of your time actively developing code.
- You have a passion for technology breadth and keep yourself up to date on the latest application development technologies and trends across all software development disciplines and processes.
- You have a deep understanding of multiple open technology development stacks (listed above) across UX, middle tier, and database platforms. You are well versed in different software development methodologies and understand the benefits and challenges of each.
- You are accomplished at mentoring, leading, and developing others. You currently lead teams that develop complex, high-volume, mission critical enterprise solutions that are built from the ground up, using a variety of different open source components and are deployed in a high available environment.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage customers at a business level in addition to a technical level. You are able to handle complex organizational dynamics to deliver a solution to a client's satisfaction.
- You are able to drive business development, and are comfortable with developing business cases and justifications that grow the customer relationship and satisfaction. You are familiar with contract terms and conditions.
WHO WE ARE:
- Credera is a full-service management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions firm, with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging industry leaders
- Credera has received a number of state and national awards, including:
- Fortune's Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services
- Fortune's Best Workplaces in Texas
- Fortune's Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Top Workplaces USA
- The Denver Post's Top Workplaces
- The Dallas Morning News' Top 100 Places to Work
- The Houston Business Journal Best Place to Work List
- Open Technology Solutions is Credera's largest practice and focuses on building custom software solutions and integrations for our clients leveraging open source technologies.
- Cloud native architecture we use include traditional cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, ECP), Container Solutions (Docker/Kubernetes/Mesos/etc.), Serverless architecture, Lambda architecture.
- We use the following tool sets for DevOps/Automation: CI/CD Platforms (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.), Infrastructure scripting (Ansible, Chef, Puppet), Cloud native API, Testing Automation (selenium, etc.), Data automation (Liquibase, etc.).
- Other frameworks we use include Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- We typically work in an Agile methodology and own the project from start to finish
HOW WE WORK:
Our foundational competitive advantage is simply doing what we say we will do with excellence. To deliver on that advantage, the Management Consulting practice employs deep expertise in Strategy & Operations, Digital (e.g., Marketing Technology, Customer Experience, eCommerce, etc.), and Organizational Change Management to execute high-quality, high-impact business and technology initiatives for our clients. Most teams are a mix of strategy, design and technology consultants working closely with clients to solve business critical challenges. Our Management Consultants complement Credera's strong technical capabilities by helping clients understand their competitive landscape, set a strategic vision, and successfully execute high-priority business and technology initiatives. Check out Credera's Glassdoor reviews to read what our employees have to say!
Like what you hear but worried about high travel? Know that our goal is to keep travel to a minimum and most projects do not require travel. An average would be 0% up to 30%.
Your first week with us
We want you to start your career with Credera simply by spending your first week getting to know the talented individuals that work here. You will learn about our service offerings, focus areas and how we execute projects through informal conversations with leaders from across the firm.
An on-boarding peer will help you walk through all aspects of the Credera work-life and be your guide as you get yourself ready for your first project with us. You will also be treated to lunch by your Practice Leader and Mentor whose jobs are to help you navigate your career at Credera, act as your advocates, make helpful recommendations that align with your strengths, and set you up for success by providing clarity and vision.
Your first six months with us
You can expect to create amazing, custom software solutions that solve our clients' most challenging problems using a combination of industry standard and cutting-edge technologies. You will provide project architecture and technical leadership and contribute to our clients' fundamental software strategies by matching business needs with the right technology.
You'll work on complex, high-volume software solutions that use open source frameworks and client-side technologies. A typical client engagement includes developing a rich UI in AngularJS or React and backed by a REST API powered by the Spring Framework along with a whole host of other tools and frameworks depending on specific needs.
You will lead a team of highly qualified and smart individuals to write efficient code, make code modifications, practice test-driven-development, and identify, troubleshoot and solve software defects. Our typical project length is about 6 months and typical team size is 6-8 engineers. We follow an agile methodology on all our projects.
Be sure to check out what our teams have done for some of our clients by visiting our Client Stories!
Your first two years with us
At the end of your first two years, you will have lead teams on multiple projects and been exposed to different sets of technologies and business domains. At this point in your career with us, you will be looking to move to the next level and your efforts will be supported by Credera's professional development program to help you build the depth and breadth required to advance your career. This includes honing your business development skills while managing multiple client relationships.
Credera is a management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions firm with offices in Dallas, Denver, Houston, Chicago, and New York. We work with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging industry leaders, and provide expert, objective advice to help solve complex business and technology challenges. Our deep capabilities in strategy, organization, process, analytics, technology and user experience help our clients improve their performance. Clients depend on our ability to anticipate, recognize, and address their specific needs. Credera's consultants work with some of the world's best known brands in a variety of industries, including one of the top five fast food chains, leading energy organizations, retailers, airlines. More information is available at www.credera.com. We are part of the OPMG Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
Along with a great company culture, Credera provides an outstanding compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan (e.g., medical, dental, disability, matching 401k, PTO, etc.). This position is an exempt position.