Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking experienced Asphalt Milling Machine Operators for our North Texas Asphalt projects. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Asphalt Milling Machine Operator is responsible for operating equipment for asphalt projects. Operates power-driven milling machine that planes material of the roadbed and discharges the material into a hauling unit or a window. May oil, grease or otherwise service and make necessary adjustments to equipment as needed. Performs other related duties.
- Perform daily equipment maintenance and inspections
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Prior to and at the end of each shift ensure the screed is clean and properly adjusted for the type of paving to be completed.
- Monitor temperature settings
- Adjust the screed paving reference components to the project specs, paving, width, depth (thickness), grade and slope
- Ensure proper contact between gates and the paving surface
- Adjust endgate springs and chains for clearance
- Be able to troubleshoot problems and make the necessary screed adjustments concerning the asphalt during paving operations
- Install/Remove electronic grade control
- Assist paving crew with site preparation and any other activity as needed
- Participate as a vital team member, contributing towards Austin’s success
- Attend daily safety meetings
- Follow safety policies and procedures
- Work hours adjusted to meet the project’s needs; days, nights and weekends
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions, hot or cold temperatures
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience operating asphalt equipment
- Must have a strong commitment to jobsite safety
- Diligent in demonstrating safe work practices
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Multiple Locations