The Assistant General Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of the Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Engineering Departments. They are committed to provide all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while effectively managing expenses and maximizing service levels. Additionally, they will assist and support front of the house operations as needed.
- Respond to all guest requests, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservation, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls in an attentive, efficient, and courteous manner. Follow-up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Ability to analyze variances, monitor credit card report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Prepare team member schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Have effective interviewing skills and ability to recruit team members.
- Operate all aspects of the front office system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Be knowledgeable about the accident prevention program, including safety committee, education/enforcement, and communication of safety issues through department meetings.
- Be able to effectively investigate, report and follow-up on employee and guest accidents.