Job descriptionDisney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is one of the world's largest publishing brands, igniting imagination through storytelling in ever-inventive ways. As part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment, DPW and its affiliates through its publishing business bring the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic, to fans everywhere. DPW, through its vertical publishing operations and global licensing structure, creates and publishes best-selling books, comics, magazines, learning and digital interactive storytelling products, audio books, eBooks, and apps. DPW publications and storytelling products are available in more than 70 countries in 45 languages.
The Associate Managing Editor of Disney Hyperion (the Kids imprint), Hyperion Avenue (Adult) and associated imprints helps manage the editorial, design, and copyediting workflow of approximately 200 titles a year—a combination of picture books, fiction, author-driven franchise titles, and paperback reprints under the supervision of the Managing Editor. You will also be the liaison between editorial, design, copyediting, production, marketing, publicity, sub rights, and sales. You will report into the Managing Editor.
- Help traffic stages of proof to/from editorial, design, compositor, copyediting, and production
- Attend weekly production meetings with editors, copyeditors, and designers; runs title reports as requested or required
- Attend meetings with sales and marketing on a seasonal basis to determine sales material needs; helps keep sales and marketing informed of changes in sales material delivery dates
- Help maintain the publishing databases and systems with accurate data regarding schedules, title information, and file availability. This includes preparing and uploading work-in-progress materials. Aid in administrative tasks (uploading and downloading files, routing, sytems cleanup, etc.)
- Help manage the daily workflow and keep all internal departments informed of changes. This includes approval of ISBN requests, change memos, etc.
- Help process change memos and initial title set-up, entering information into the PUBS database
- Create barcodes and upload to PUBS database
Basic Qualifications :
- Experience in publishing; knowledge of publishing workflow; understanding of publishing functions and processes
- Excellent project management skills to work with all departments
- An adept problem solver who can work with internal contacts at higher levels
- Proficiency with MS Office and complete familiarity with Macs required. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Reader a plus. Experience in basic databases preferred (Filemaker Pro, ACT, or others)
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Cortland Area Communities That Care Coalition, Inc. Cortland, NY 13045 $55,000 - $60,000 a year 8 days ago