Job descriptionJob Title: Associate Systems Engineer - MCP
Location : US Remote – Eagan, MN
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth , CloudForte , Intelliserve
Do your best work:
Learn and apply software or systems engineering methods and techniques to the design, development,
integration,qualification and/or support of products and tools within one or more limited but
developing areas of expertise. Works as a member of a team under the direction of the project team
leader, agile coach, or experienced engineer.
- Team member
- Learning processes and tools
- Escalate issues as and when required.
- Learning an area or product. Rely on team for domain knowledge.
- Contribute towards team learning and efficiency as experience is gained.
- Receive task estimates typically from superviso+P3r/mentor with some input. Tasks are of limited number and duration. Capture actual efforts in status reports.
- Aware of requirements in area of defined tasks.
- Implement defined tasks. Implement simple features or test cases with assistance.
- Write/run tests in defined product areas. Document problems found.
- Execute prewritten tests. Document problems encountered. Participate on team responsible for system set-up and maintenance.
- Provide initial analysis of problems in defined areas. Assist in gathering information to assist in problem debug and resolution.
- Fix defects in defined areas of code. Fix simple problems with assistance. Create clear and accurate change/patch documentation. Review test cases for clarity and accuracy.
- Handle Contacts and UCFs in defined product areas with assistance. Expedite resolutions.
- Work effectively in virtual teams. Receive guidance from team members in any location.
Participates in Innovation activities as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Engineering Concepts
- Ability to work in a global team, with multiple stakeholders across functions, business units and geographical regions
- Ability to communicate task information with clients
- Team Player
- Computer Science/EE undergraduate degree required
- No experience required, Intern/COOP experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good command over English language.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity