- JobID: 2294 Position Type:
- Gateway Pickering
- Building-wide Pickering
- Master's degree in education, psychology or related area
- Licensed Behavior Specialist Consultant in Pennsylvania
- Experience working with children and adolescents with severe and complex behavior challenges in a school, community, or residential setting is required
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA Criminal Record Check and FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Provide consultation to staff through observations, functional behavior assessment, behavior modification plan development, consultations, and recommendations related to the needs of individual students, utilizing best practice, research validation methodologies, and PDE endorsed practices.
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments for students in the school, home, or community setting.
- Create individualized positive behavioral support plans to address the target behaviors.
- Train staff, parents, and students on implementation of the plan. Monitor treatment integrity and provide feedback when needed.
- Develop and oversee ongoing behavior data collection and present summarized data when needed.
- Assist staff in maintaining the level of expertise within their programs regarding the proper methods of deescalating challenging and complex behaviors presented by students.
- Provide direct intervention support to students both proactively to teach new skills and reactively to facilitate the de-escalation of the student.
- Provide training, staff development, and informational support in all aspects behavior change with challenging behaviors to LEA staff, parents, students and agency personnel.
- Maintain professional and legally compliant documentation of services and student related paperwork.
- Stay knowledgeable in best practice and research validated practices.
- Perform additional duties as needed and specified by supervisor.
- Project, Band 14, Exempt
- $43,928 - $54,911.90 annually, based upon experience
- Monday - Friday, 7.5 hours per day
- 190 days per year (10 months)
- Excellent medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage at minimal cost to employee
- If medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage are not needed, generous opt-out payments are available
- 1.5% of annual salary flexible benefit cash payment
- Life insurance in amount of 2.5x annual salary, paid by CCIU
- Long-term disability insurance effective the 31st day of illness/injury
- Retirement through PSERS, PA's Public School Employees Retirement System
- Worker's Compensation
- New employees start with 10 sick days, and 2 personal days annually; unlimited accumulation on sick days
- Tuition reimbursement - 100% of up to 15 credits per year
- ...and much more!
- TCHS Pickering Campus: 1580 Charlestown Rd Phoenixville, PA
- Project Staff Handbook (2019 - 2023)
Behavioral & Mental Health Services/Behavior Consultant
IU TCHS - Pickering Campus
At the present time, vacancies exist for Behavior Consultants within the Student Services and Career and Technical Customized Education Divisions of the Chester County Intermediate Unit. The anticipated start date for this position is August 16th, 2022.
CCIU is offering sign-up bonuses of up to $500 for candidates who apply and are hired between January 20 through October 31, 2022!
At the CCIU, we pride ourselves on the creativity, dedication, and collaborative spirit that our employees bring to their work every day, and we know that achieving success takes a team approach! We strive to hire exceptional, diverse, and passionate individuals that help us achieve our vision of acting as educational leaders who contribute to a better Chester County and beyond. If you are looking for an exciting, challenging opportunity to grow your career, don’t wait – apply today to make Team CCIU even stronger tomorrow!
Opportunities exist in the following locations:
Summary of Position:
The function of this role is to provide direct support and assistance to educational staff, administrators, and parents in the areas of behavior change and addressing challenging behaviors of students. The Behavior Consultant provides individual and group trainings, conducts and supports functional behavior assessments and positive behavior support plans, advises administrators and staff regarding best practices and regulations, works as a collaborative consultant with school and agency personnel, and provides expertise regarding behavior modification in complex cases. The Behavior Consultant provides services and documentation that are compliant with federal, state, and local regulations and are based on best practices, research-validated methods, and PDE-supported procedures and materials.
Essential Job Skills:
Salary (2022-2023 School Year):
Project Staff Benefits:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.