Job descriptionWhy us?: Hotel Per LA, is seeking a Bell Attendant at our independent, luxury lifestyle property located in Downtown Los Angeles.
Sage Hospitality Group company, is currently seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and purpose driven colleague to deliver artful hospitality at a newly rebranded and repositioned luxury lifestyle flagship hotel and restaurant,formally The NoMad Hotel Downtown Los Angeles.
The hotel is an independent, luxury lifestyle property located in Downtown Los Angeles. The property is housed in a gorgeously restored historic building and a quick walk from the Museum of Contemporary Art, Disney Concert Hall and Grand Central Market. With stunning design details, including many hidden corners for guests to explore, the property showcases the glamor of LA without losing sight of its playful side.
The hotel’s public areas will serve as ‘the locals’ living room’ and be popular with local creatives, as well as guests seeking access to the city’s cultural institutions, the buzzing culinary scene or the city’s arena. The property features chic guestrooms with a vintage feel and custom furniture; an exciting new restaurant concept - Per L'Ora, a café - Cafe Ora and downtown LA’s most stunning rooftop pool terrace and lounge- Bar Clara. Job Overview: Under general supervision, provides bell and valet services to hotel guests and ensures their satisfaction and comfort by promptly and courteously responding to their requests. Assist Doorman in meeting and greeting all guest arrivals and departures. Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all guests in all forms of transportation arriving at the hotel.
- Assist guests with retrieving their luggage from vehicles.
- Point out to guest and note existing vehicle damage on key tags in the appropriate space provided.
- Assist Doorman in escorting guests and luggage into the lobby for registration.
- Explain valet parking procedures and fees.
- Give proper directions to registration area for check-in.
- Park vehicles secure and mark key tag with location, guest name, license plate number and type of auto.
- Drive vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Give general directions and information.
- Open vehicle doors to assist guests.
- Respond to guest questions, issues and problems regarding transportation, hotel services and local events, points of interest and activities.
- Upon arrival, greets and assists guests by helping unload luggage from vehicle and transporting to their room, personally carrying the luggage or using a luggage cart.
- Professionalism and courtesy are to be extended at all times to guests, associates and vendors.
- Guests should be professionally greeted within 5 ft of your area when in public areas of the hotel.
- Associates should take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Associates should always demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Associates are equally responsible for their continuous training/personal development, especially relating to professional hospitality, technical skills and proactive approaches to solve guest or hotel concerns.
- Associates should take responsibility to formally or informally learn about other departments within the hotel.
- Associates are encouraged to offer improvement ideas and acknowledge good performance of others.
- Use empowerment to exceed associate and guest expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Associates are to work as a team helping all teammates to complete the required activities which will ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must have general knowledge of basic customer service skills and be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must have knowledge of local establishments, businesses and the surrounding community in general.
- Must be able to drive automatic and manuel vehicles. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have a driving record that meets the needs of our insurance carrier.
- Must be able to see objects and people up close and at a distance.
- Must be able to grasp handles, carry bundles and lift packages.
- Must be able to continually push, lift and carry up to 65lbs throughout the hotel during entire shift.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company’s 401(k) program with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
City of Escondido Escondido, CA 92025 Today