Axsome Therapeutics is seeking a Budget and Contract Specialist. The Budget and Contract Specialist will assist in the financial oversight of Axsome-sponsored clinical trials. Primary responsibilities include developing and negotiating site budgets, supporting site payment, and tracking and forecasting budgets. Candidates for this role are expected to have a strong knowledge of clinical trials and understanding of the clinical trial site contracting process. The Budget and Contract Specialist will be an integral part of the Clinical team and work closely with the Finance team.
This is an in-person hybrid role based at Axsome's HQ in New York City.
- Assist in the development of clinical trial site budgets
- Assist in the negotiation of clinical trial site budgets and payment terms; liaise with Legal on contract negotiations, as needed
- Facilitate QC review and execution of finalized clinical trial agreements
- Support site payment process through QC review and invoice generation
- Support Finance team on expense and payment reporting, as needed
- Support Financial team audit process, as needed
- Participate in the identification and discussion of opportunities to improve and enhance existing procedures and improve the utilization of financial system tools
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years in clinical research industry with at least 1 year of direct budget negotiation experience
- Excellent analytical skills including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Strong knowledge of clinical trials and good clinical practice (GCP)
- Self-driven professional with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong ability to organize work effectively and to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines