To ride school buses and to monitor behavior on the bus in order to assure adherence to safety rules while students are being transported.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Responds to all internal and external customers, as it relates to position, in a prompt, efficient, friendly and patient manner
- Assists children to board bus and sees that any safety restraints are secured, may include operating lifts for wheelchairs or assisting disabled students
- Maintains appropriate student behavior on bus
- Assists children leaving the bus as required
- May accompany student to classroom or facility if required
- Interacts with students and parents constructively
- Maintains knowledge of and adheres to all policies, regulations and rules
- Performs related duties as assigned in a safe and prudent manner
This job description is not a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in buses and transportation department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently sit
- Frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk
- Frequently reach above head and forward
- Frequently use hand strength to grasp equipment or students
- Regularly walk or stand
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 125 pounds, such as a student in a wheelchair
- Regularly work in temperature above 100 degrees or below 32 degrees.
- Use specific vision such as close vision, depth perception and peripheral vision
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
At Will Notice of Employment does not provide a guarantee of a particular schedule of work, or a minimum number of days or hours.
This is a 9-month, varied hour position.This position is eligible for medical benefits if employee schedule is for 30 plus hours per week. Employee will work Monday through Thursday. Extended work hours to meet deadlines may occasionally be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work with students at various age levels
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience working with students or children.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card with an IVP number through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.