Requires a high school diploma or the equivalent. Work experience in a medical, dental or business office preferred. Must be able to fluently read, write and speak in Spanish and/or Creole. Certification as an interpreter is preferred.
Individual must be professional, self-motivated and have strong attention to detail, communication, teamwork, customer service and computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is a moderately active role, which requires the ability to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds, bending and standing as necessary. Must be able to lift, carry and handle equipment, supplies and other work site materials based on position duty requirements.
The center will provide patient centered primary care of the highest quality to residents, migrants and seasonal farmworkers, as well as visitors of the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Schedule appointments using computerized system.
- Verify and enter insurance information in the system.
- Collect co-pay after data has been verified.
- Accurately update all fields in eCW and on the registration form when due during time of clock in.
- Answer the telephone using approved script. Create telephone encounters, direct calls and assign telephone calls to appropriate staff following established protocol.
- Schedule Doxy.me, Facetime and Audio telemed appointments. Assist patient with Doxy.me.
- Provide the medical/dental check-in in kiosk to all patients 18 years of age and older at check-in when the patient is due for registration renewal or is being seen for a new patient appointment. The kiosk should also be completed by parent/guardian of pediatric patients being seen for their annual well-child check. In addition to the kiosk, the BA should distribute the teen intake form to teens 12-17 years of age being seen for a well-child check. BA should provide patient direction and offer assistance to patient regarding completion of the medical/dental check-in kiosk and to present to the intake nurse.
- Scan documents correctly into electronic health record.
- Check bump list or business team bubble daily as applicable.
- Complete request for information.
- Create claims accurately and check for errors.
- Call patients reminding them of their appointments, 2(two) days ahead of time.
- Perform interpretation or translation services for ESRHS centers.
- Assist patients with signing up for the Migrant Clinician's Network.
- Must demonstrate good internal and external customer service skills.