SPC (Specialty Polymer Coatings) is seeking a Business Development Manager to cover the Western Region of the US where we would prefer to have someone located in WA, OR or CA with possible travel into Western Candida). SPC is a Canadian manufacturer of high-performance coatings for the global oil and gas pipeline market. Primarily featuring 100% solids epoxy and urethane coatings that contain no VOCs, its product line is specified and sold for the maintenance and construction of steel pipes, railway cars, tank linings, steel structures and marine applications. This position will be responsible for developing and growing SPC sales within the Western Region working closely with local sales representative, engineering selling managers and sales directors.
4-year Business and/or Marketing degree, or 10-15 years’ experience.
This position requires minimal physical activity. May require lifting up to 50lbs on occasion. May require computer usage for an extended period of time – up to 8 hours in a day. Occasional exposure to various chemicals. May require travel by car and air up to 50%, including nighttime.
- Responsible for conducting basic market research in assigned markets and identifying specific customer bases and purchasing history.
- Develops and carries out market plans to enter and / or grow Carboline's share of assigned markets.
- Assemble all necessary product packages, sales training, and support literature to launch an effective market program.
- Identify all new products required for penetration and growth in assigned markets.
- Participate on product design and development teams to bring a product from concept to market.
- Develop long-range strategic plans for the markets of responsibility (3-year).
- Provides major project coordination and follow-up in areas of responsibility.
Who We Are:
Carboline is a St. Louis-based coatings manufacturer with a global reach. The company, founded in 1947, produces high-quality performance coatings, linings, and fireproofing products in more than 20 manufacturing facilities around the world. Carboline has been ranked a top workplace for seven years in a row, so culture and maintaining a safe and clean work environment is something we take very seriously.
Carboline is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services. From homes and workplaces to infrastructure and precious landmarks, RPM’s market-leading brands are trusted by consumers and professionals alike to help build a better world.
If you want to be part of a growing global organization with opportunity for growth, we would like to meet you.
What We Offer:
We offer a team atmosphere that fosters cooperation and creativity; a management team committed to employee development and an environment where people are empowered to make decisions. Our career opportunities offer unlimited earnings potential and our comprehensive benefits package is among the best in the industry which includes affordable benefits, a company match 401K plan and a retirement pension plan.
Carboline is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
“In order to be the best, we must hire the best”
Job Type: Full-time