Who are we?
Evergreen Medical Services (EMS) is a leading medical gas, indoor air quality, and cleanroom certification and verifying company with locations across the United States. Our customers include leading life sciences and healthcare facilities including hospitals and surgery centers. We are rapidly growing and looking for additional passionate and talented employees to join our team and partner with EMS’ customers who are doing dramatic work focused on patient and employee safety.
EMS ensures the equipment and environment our customers use to keep their employees and patients safe is in full working order. We are the leading provider in the country of testing and certification services for hospitals, surgery centers, and cleanrooms (pharmacies). This includes all types of medical gas equipment, fume hoods, biological safety cabinets, and other controlled environment equipment. Working at our customers facilities, EMS employees are key enablers – helping ensure safety, accuracy, and compliance in some of the leading healthcare facilities in the United States.
How will you make an impact?
The Business Development Manager is a key team member and contributor to the sales team of Evergreen by helping seed, negotiate and close contracts for a broad portfolio of services that meets or exceeds the yearly service projects and revenues targets. This role is also critical by providing direct client support by employing excellent client service and a thorough understanding of our portfolio of services. The basic function is to coordinate and implement sales and marketing activities under the direction of EMS’ top management, proactively managing existing and new regional customers to provide overall profitability to EMS. Our Business Development Manager is critical to Evergreens’ strategic plan to exceed client expectations by performing contracted services at the highest level of quality and uncovering new needs when possible.
What will you do?
- Cultivate maximum sales and profitability for the region while promoting EMS’ quality policy.
- Realize the quality objectives of EMS’ customer-related, marketing and sales process to achieve sales quotas.
- Plan effectively, using marketing and sales data as a guide to help design, develop and implement EMS’ marketing and sales strategies and objectives, tailoring marketing strategy to meet specific regional sales plans, and adapting sales strategy as appropriate, based on changes in local business climate and dynamics.
- Proactively communicate critical account issues, competitive information, territory activities, successes, and failures to EMS’ regional and top management.
- Assist the Regional Scheduling and Field Service management in various functions, including training and developing regional staff. Attend regular staff meetings as necessary to communicate goals, statistics, policies and/ or other pertinent information.
- Participate in professional development and EMS’ internal training programs to stay current with topics affecting clients and to be able to offer the full range of EMS’ services and products to existing customers.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee events including major conventions and sales meetings.
- Traveling requirements will be based on the territory but overnight travel will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field, with a graduate degree considered a plus.
- Requires 5+ years of high performing sales leadership and sales channel development
- Requires a successful track record of selling to healthcare facilities (hospitals).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to drive sales growth with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage and develop sales channels and teams to achieve business goals.
- Highly productive and a natural self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment, and deadline responsiveness.
- Analytics are a key component of your decision making, coupled with solution-oriented critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to assess clients’ business needs and provide a customized and relevant solution.
- Passion for delivering high-quality customer experiences and a commitment to excellence in the employee experience.
- Ability to learn and effectively use software such as SalesForce to manage the sales pipeline.
- Innovative thinker and excellent collaborator who thrives in driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality in matters of high sensitivity.
How will you get rewarded?
Compensation and Benefits
- 401(k) plan with a company matching contribution
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter benefit plan (CBP)
- Paid holiday/vacation time
- This is a remote position but must be located in the Atlanta area
Evergreen is a passionate equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. Interested in a role but not sure it’s the right fit for you? Call us and let’s talk.