Job descriptionOVERVIEW: Under the direction of the Revenue Cycle Manager, responsible for performing a variety of customer service and administrative tasks essential for managing the business aspects of the practice and ensuring a positive experience for patients and callers. Pay range - $15 to $18 per hour based on experience
Duties, functions and responsibilities:
- Answers incoming telephone calls on call center lines, addressing tasks within scope of job responsibilities.
- May complete tasks such as scheduling appointments, providing patients or other callers with information, explaining services, gathering patient insurance information and other data, taking messages from callers, screening calls, and forwarding to appropriate recipients.
- Assisting Quality and Outreach with follow up calls and scheduling for patients.
- Entering insurance and other data information related to patient appointments into EMR system.
- Communicating with medical records and external medical offices via fax, phone, or email.
- May perform front office, medical record room, or billing office activities as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing good customer service.
- Knowledge regarding laws related to HIPAA, patient and employer confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and dental /medical practice management/billing software.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Skill in communicating effectively with the public and other employees.
- Graduation from an accredited technical school or one year experience specifically in a medical office setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Formal computer training or equivalent work experience.
- Understands dental/medical terminology and anatomy.
- Understands insurance and patient billing and reimbursement.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly in order to communicate information to clients and staff.
- Must be able to have vision adequate to read documents, a computer screen, registration forms and other clinic documents.
- Manual dexterity; the ability to lift at least 20 pounds; and the ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Kitsap County, WA Port Orchard, WA Today
AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Sawgrass Mills\u002FSunrise Sunrise, FL Today
ProgressiveHealth Rehabilitation, Inc Dayton, TN 37321 Today
ZS Associates Evanston, IL 60201 Today
KIPP New Jersey Newark, NJ Today