Looking for an opportunity to do amazing work helping others? You've come to the right place. Let's make a difference! PHC is a community health center offering medical, dental, pharmacy, and supportive services in Ames, Des Moines, & Marshalltown.
Sign-On Bonus! This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign on bonus, payable as $1,000 at hire, $500 at 6 months, and $500 at 1 year.
Our medical clinic in Ames is looking for a Clinic Care Tech. This position is a trained member of the medical clinic team who supports the on-going delivery of care as delegated by the professional clinical staff. Duties include rooming patients, obtaining vital signs, height and weight, and collection of basic patient data in the clinic or on the phone, documenting in the Electronic Medical Record, assisting with minor procedures, collecting and labeling lab specimens, room preparation, administrative duties and other duties as assigned.
Ideally this position will work Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM. Part-time options may be available for qualified candidates. Work schedule may vary based on clinic needs.
Do You Qualify for This Position?
Education Needed: High school diploma or equivalent and completion of one of the following: an accredited Advanced Certified Nursing Assistant Program, a hospital-based Patient Care Technician Program, a 136 hour certified EMT program, or an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Experience: We will train you!
License/Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers Certification* & Mandatory Reporter Certification *
- Must be obtained within the 90 Day Introductory Period if not current.
Other Job Requirements: Must be 18 years of age
Why Work with Us?
PHC offers a comprehensive compensation & benefits package, including:
- Compensation is dependent on education and experience.
- Qualified individuals are eligible for up to a $500 quarterly retention bonus as part of special funding through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Bonuses are time limited through the Spring of 2023.
- Generous PTO accrual (equal to 5 weeks at end of 1st year) plus paid holidays
- License/certification fee reimbursement
- Paid time off for continuing education & continuing education reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 401k with company match
- Medical insurance - PHC Pays, on average, 80% of medical premiums for all plan types (employee, employee + family, etc.)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Supplemental accident & critical illness insurance
- Discounts on pet insurance
Visit www.phciowa.org/careers for a summary of PHC’s benefits.