At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking an attorney to join the Equipment Finance Legal Team to support U.S. Bank's Commercial Equipment Finance (EF) business line. This attorney will provide legal support related to the administration of troubled or defaulted commercial equipment leases, loans and software financing products originated by EF or third-party financing sources such as equipment vendors, resellers and other financial institutions, resolution of complaints and disputed matters, and provide transactional support for asset management issues. The position offers candidates a career with exposure to a variety of legal issues, while working with various departments and individuals at U.S. Bank throughout the United States to serve as a trusted legal and business advisor.
- Providing legal counsel to loss mitigation and recovery specialists in interpreting contract language, considering strategic alternatives, and advising on workout options;
- Working with loss mitigation and recovery specialists as they interact with outside legal counsel, appraisers, and other professional advisors regarding troubled or defaulted commercial equipment leases and loans, including those involved in bankruptcy proceedings;
- Creating and maintaining standard commercial lease and loan workout documents;
- Preparing and negotiating settlement agreements for matters which are not in litigation;
- Consulting with outside counsel conducting litigation on behalf of EF to enforce commercial equipment leases and loans;
- Assisting the EF business line in responding to legal discovery requests, garnishment orders and other subpoenas;
- Working with asset management specialists to develop programs and documentation to remarket returned and recovered assets;
- Working with EF's team of quality assurance and risk review specialists to resolve customer complaints;
- Providing counsel to EF on perfection, collateralization and other legal issues covered by Articles 2A and 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code;
- Preparing general advice memoranda, training materials and other legal resources for use by EF personnel; and,
- Interpretation, application, review and revision of various EF, Law Division and U.S. Bank policies and procedures.
The position may be fully home-based or in a hybrid format located in Marshall or Minneapolis, Minnesota; Portland, Oregon; Charlotte, North Carolina; or other U.S. Bank locations and will report to the Associate General Counsel who leads the EF Legal team.Basic Qualifications
- Law degree
- Licensed by and in good standing with the appropriate state bar association or other appropriate state attorney licensing authority
- Five to eight years of relevant experience
- Thorough and current knowledge of laws and regulations impacting the subject matter and/or business line supported by the attorney
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Strong commitment to client service
Successful candidates for a position in the U.S. Bank Law Division support U.S. Bank’s core values, which guide what we do every day:
- We do the right thing.
- We power potential.
- We stay a step ahead.
- We draw strength from diversity.
- We put people first.
In the U.S. Bank Law Division, we honor those values through our mission: “we guide our clients to remarkable results with expert legal counsel.” Our commitment is evident in the work we do, not only for the Bank, but for our communities. The Law Division has received several awards for its pro bono contributions, including the Minnesota Corporate Pro Bono Council’s “Excellence in Pro Bono Award,” and we encourage our legal professionals to contribute time and expertise to pro bono work as part of their role. In addition, the Law Division has been recognized for its leadership and engagement in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants .
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program .Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $120,870.00 - $142,200.00 - $156,420.00 Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire. U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.