At Mitratech, we are a team of technocrats focused on building world-class products that simplify operations in the Legal, Risk, Compliance, and HR functions of Fortune 100 companies. We are a close-knit, globally dispersed team that thrives in an ecosystem that supports individual excellence and takes pride in its diverse and inclusive work culture centered around great people practices, learning opportunities, and having fun! Our culture is the ideal blend of entrepreneurial spirit and enterprise investment, enabling the chance to move at a rapid pace with some of the most complex, leading-edge technologies available.
Given our continued growth, we always have room for more intellect, energy, and enthusiasm - join our global team and see why it’s so special to be a part of Mitratech!
Mitratech seeks talented individuals who can support our growth globally and support our Quovant product. We have an excellent opportunity within our Compliance Services Group for a legal professional (paralegal or attorney), seeking an alternative career path to that of private law practice or corporate law department, to utilize their legal education and work experience in a unique manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform an objective and subjective review of law firm invoices to determine compliance with the client’s Outside Counsel billing guidelines
- Effectively prioritize and self-manage workflow to meet a standard analysis time for invoice processing according to Quovant methodology and client requirements
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport as a primary contact for assigned client(s)
- Develop and maintain diplomatic relationships with law firms to best serve mutual client(s)
- Communicate and respond to inquires from external parties as needed
- Track and update client authorizations and exceptions at the law firm and case level in company database
- Work closely with other departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of client data
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum two (2) years prior law firm experience as a paralegal or attorney within one or more of the following practice areas: general liability, workers’ compensation, insurance defense, health care law, asbestos litigation, civil tort, intellectual property/patent, class action or business law
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong work ethic, initiative and commitment to team success
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology and defense counsel billing practices (including hourly billing)
- Thorough understanding of litigation process
- Advanced deductive reasoning skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Organized and detail-oriented
- J.D. or ABA-approved Paralegal Certification (or equivalent degree in Paralegal Studies) required
All applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be required to complete a 30 minute online assessment as part of your candidate application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.