The Construction/Fabrication Safety Manager position will be responsible for steering our safety program within for Archaea construction projects and fabrications shops helping us develop and maintain a safety focused culture. This role is based in Houston and would require travel in the field up to 50%.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Implement safety programs, policies and procedures for the organization in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
· Inspect or tour company construction projects and fabrication facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated, providing documentation, training and guidance to the various plants as needed.
· Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
· Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
· Engage with contractors regarding site HSE requirements
· Engage with customers regarding HSE expectations for on site work
· Verify training and certifications for operators
· Ensure PPE is available and in use as applicable
· Perform JHAs
· Train employees on safety policies, procedures and regulations.
· Participate in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in workers compensation claims, hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
· Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
· Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
· Maintain safety files and records.
· Safety (displays strong commitment to safety and completes safety training)
· Productivity (completes work in a timely manner)
· Quality (gets the job done correctly)
· Initiative (completes work with minimum supervision and seeks new and better methods to do the job)
· Communication (effectively communicates with team members and management)
· Teamwork (works effectively with team, management and customers)
· Customer focus (consistently focuses on the customer)
· Ethics, Integrity and Character (treats people honestly and with respect)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from a four year college or university with a concentration in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Technology, or Science, Communication or a related field of acceptable equivalent credits or experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in managing safety
- Construction or manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to conduct inspections of the company facilities, properties, job sites and public rights-of-way to ensure safe operations.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, speak and write effectively.
- Ability to provide training to employees regarding the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and Hazard Communication.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks and assignments.
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include sitting for extended periods of time and operating assigned office equipment.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local statutes and regulations governing employee safety.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- safety: 3 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)
Work Location: One location