Job descriptionJob Description: The Patient Access Coordinator is responsible for multiple complex revenue cycle functions within the department including authorizations and referrals and is expected to assist new patients coordinate appointments. This position guides patients through the application process for government programs and aides in the charity care process. This position is responsible for supporting the Patient Access leadership in maintaining, improving, processing, and evaluating accounts receivable and resolve complex payer issues. This position will collaborate with Patient Access leadership and clinical administration to achieve a proper and excellent patient experience.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, or Health Administration strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years Rehabilitation Office experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ knowledge in Revenue Cycle, Hospital Finance, Billing and Collection required.
- Two (2) years Rehabilitation Pre-Certification experience required.
- Rehabilitation Pre-Certification experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide exceptional patient service.
- Must possess quantitative analytical skills and computer savviness including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Travel to other sites may be required.
Contact Information: Denise Davis HR Generalist 631.726.0382 [email protected]