Job descriptionPOSITION SUMMARY
Addiction Treatment Counselor’s Assistant will assist in deliver care throughout Wellbridge and are responsible for providing support for the day-to-day counseling and nursing needs of a licensed inpatient medically supervised stabilization and withdrawal program, rehabilitation program and reintegration program. Carries out the Wellbridge vision, values and overall strategic planning, clinical management, patient care, budgeting, financial management and quality management. Promotes service standards and creates a patient-focused caring environment while addressing and meeting the individual needs of all patients. Fosters an environment of collaboration and respect with physicians, nurses, therapists, counselors and other healthcare team members.
1. Provides support for clinicians in delivery of individual and group therapy for all treatment programs for patients and their family members
2. Assists in physiologic and psychosocial health status assessments including laboratory testing and urine drug screens
3. Delivers modality specific care including but not limited to motivational interviewing, psychoeducation, and relapse prevention
4. Provides support and interventions to patients in crisis
5. Maintain understanding of treatments and practices of Wellbridge and reinforces treatment goals of patients
6. Develop and maintain standard policies, procedures to ensure safety, quality services and compliance with accrediting entities.
7. Facilitate a safe and constructive therapeutic environment
Supervision and Support
1. Model the Wellbridge philosophy of patient-centeredness, empowerment, and cultural proficiency and seek supervision from clinical staff
2. Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients that is conducive to positive health teaching, and maintenance; patient and family expectations of care
3. Recognizes the need for patient care to be delivered in a culturally sensitive manner and models sensitivity to all staff
4. Seeks and engages in supervision from other clinicians and peers
1. Support a culture of high quality of care across organization
2. Work collaboratively with the Senior Clinical Director and other clinical team members to execute patient treatment plans
3. Support efforts of Wellbridge research team to implement program improvement
4. Manage and promote strong relationships with peers, other clinical and research staff
5. Provide crisis support to other clinicians and patients, as needed and in emergency situations
Planning and Coordination
1. Participate in regular clinical team meetings
2. Work closely with the clinical and nursing teams to coordinate services to patients
3. Makes recommendations for growth and development of organization
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. High school diploma or its educational equivalent and two years (2) of full-time satisfactory experience in providing non-professional nursing or behavioral health support services in a hospital, health care or medical facility
2. Completion of prescribed courses in an approved training program in mental health or social health care.
3. BLS, required; ACLS or other certification, as required by department. Certification must be obtained within one (1) year of employment.
4. 12 hours of Introductory Training in the Addictions to be completed within one (1) year of employment.
5. Familiarity with all relevant healthcare standards: OASAS, ASAM,
6. Demonstrated communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills, particularly in stressful situations
1. Proficiency with electronic records
2. Strong problem solving and analytical skills
3. Specific experience with stabilization and withdrawal management care and/or rehabilitation settings
4. Experience with therapeutic groups (preferably addiction-oriented), therapeutic communities, and inpatient care
5. Knowledge of medications used in addiction treatment
6. Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Merritt Hawkins Moses Lake, WA 98837 Up to $200,000 a year 13 days ago