Job descriptionJob Description: Join the hospital trusted by Chicago’s Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a CT Tech.
Sign on bonus up to $5,000
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist Computer Tomography and the medical direction of the Radiologist, the CT Tech operates computer tomography scanner to obtain images as requested and directed by physicians for outpatients of all ages; schedules patients and maintains necessary records; assists in teaching radiologic students.
Performs quality control procedures on equipment on an ongoing basis
- Operate, calibrates, maintenance check and clean instruments and equipment daily or according to prescribed standards.
- Administer contrast media as required.
- Participates in patient and student’s education process.
- Participates in the maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of patient care as assigned by physician or Chief technologist.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology and maintains certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Retains an active Radiography accreditation with the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety
- Must successfully complete and maintain CPR certification
- Job Type/FTE: Full time, 0.90FTE
- Shift: Rotating
- Unit/Department: CT
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire. Why Join Us:
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us!
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: Ingalls Career Opportunities
UChicago Medicine Ingalls is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.