About The State University of New York :
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY's 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, a law school, the state's only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.3 million students in credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide are nearly $1.1 billion in fiscal year 2021, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum.
The State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration, located in Albany, New York, is searching for a Supplier Diversity Data and Business Analyst. With 64 college and university campuses located within 30 miles of every home, school, and business in the state, SUNY is the nation's largest comprehensive system of public higher education. It serves more than 1.3 million students annually, employs more than 90,000 faculty and staff, and connects more than 3 million alumni around the world.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Supplier Diversity Program in the Office of University-Wide Procurement, the Data and Business Analyst will administer, test, implement and maintain SUNY's Minority and Women-owned business enterprises (MWBE) and Service Disabled Veteran -owned business enterprise (SDVOBE) data systems. Focus is on the effective use of resources, both personnel and technology, in the execution of University-Wide, Supplier Diversity mission.
Specific duties include:
- Maintain and monitor effective operation of the SUNY Portal within the Empire State Development's New York State Contract System (NYSCS) which is the official source of record for MWBE and SDVOB data.
- Consult with users (campus procurement staff, prime vendors/contractors, and subcontractors), management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Develop and interpret diversity information system goals, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security measures are followed to safeguard databases.
- Identify and document the scope of business process changes or enhancements required by procedural changes or by changes to federal, State or local laws and statutes.
- Review and write business process and system documentation.
- Review training plans and train users on the NYSCS system functions, and business processes.
- Perform business analysis intelligence activities such as data mining to extract data to develop/forecast diversity spend opportunities and provide management with data to make policy decisions.
- Serve as the program liaison for system compatibility and recommend improvements and enhancements to the technical support team of SUNY IT, B2GNow and AXI System.
- Prepare and review Supplier Diversity data reports (e.g., ESD Expenditure Reports, Campus Summary Reports, etc.).
- Coordinate, manage and assist campuses with data cleaning (i.e. exclusions and exemptions) and missing MWBE contract data activities.
- Coordinate and maintain system-wide compliance reports via ESD (i.e. Goals, Utilization Plans and Waivers).
- Assist with submission of reports to Empire State Development and the Office of General Services (e.g., quarterly reports, and Master Goal Plan).
- Prepare data charts for Supplier Diversity ad hoc and annual reports.
- Develop process and system to log and resolve campus data issues, produce monthly report on resolutions and develop recommendations to prevent future concerns.
- Annually update and maintain exemption and exclusion list in collaboration with the Director of Supplier Diversity and the Office of the University Controller's office.
- Manage the NYSCS B2GNow Interface Development project and maintain operational effectiveness of interface.
- Assist Campus Program Coordinators in maintaining up-to-date contract records to ensure full compliance and prompt payments to subcontractors.
- Notify campuses and MWBE vendors when their certification is about to expire and assist where appropriate to expedite recertification.
- Responsible for other tasks, as needed, which may be assigned by the Director.
Knowledge of database management systems, diversity supplier and workforce data systems preferred;
Proficient in data analysis and analytics.
Practical experience in data analysis using tools including Excel, VBA and Power BI, etc.
Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Strong communication and writing skills.
Required Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in the field of information technology, computer and information systems, data base management, data modeling/warehousing, public or business finance, public administration, public sector information management, or related field; three (3) years of work experience in business process analysis, large group facilitation, and/or major analytical or research studies.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of diversity supplier data systems and/or programs; general knowledge of procurement (e.g., IFB/RFP, contracts); and a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) designation by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®).
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications. Excellent Benefit Package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals.
State Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL3)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references when applying. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Category: Professional Positions
Department: System-wide Supplier Diversity Program
Locations: Albany, NY
Posted: May 31, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Position ID: 148313