Text DELIVERYMGR to 334.326.2886 to Apply!
Allstate Beverage Company, LLC
Position Description – Delivery Manager
Reports to: Management Director, General Manager
Responsible for leading, directing and controlling the merchandising and delivery activities within assigned territories.
- Monitor the Delivery Drivers to ensure timely deliveries, proper rotation, merchandising, customer service, safe driving, and vehicle maintenance.
- Ensure that all account receivables are collected according to company policies.
- Ensure that all Delivery Drivers, Swing personnel, and helpers adhere to company dress code policy.
- Assist General Manager in recruiting and interviewing of prospective employees.
- Conduct periodic work-with to observe, critique, and improve delivery performance.
- Conduct a daily meeting with all drivers to discuss items that arise day to day, items will include, but are not limited to ARs, rotation, displays, new items, communication, and different load sizes for the day.
- Perform all work activities in accordance to established safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Delivery Drivers adhere to DOT policies (i.e., Daily Truck Reports, Current DOT Cards).
- Review and adjust daily (if necessary) the work assignments of the Merchandisers.
- On a biannual basis conduct a performance review on all members of your team.
- With the approval of the General Manager implement route re-alignments that are necessary to improve customer service.
- Conduct on-the-job training for all Delivery Drivers to ensure the professional and consistent performance from the team.
- Promote the sales of company products through personal selling efforts and regular contacts with individual accounts, chain stores and large retailers.
- Have a working knowledge of all routes and, if necessary, fill-in during sick and vacation leave.
- As assigned, assist with special events.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the owners, managers and employees of all assigned accounts.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers, and other employees of the company.
- Ensure proper stock rotation is in effect in all your assigned accounts.
- If necessary move product between accounts to prevent it from going out-of-date.
- Always be aware of code dates and have product that is out-of-date swapped out.
- Be aware of damaged product and have it swapped out.
- Properly operate, protect from damage, and return all equipment that has been issued to you (i.e. radios, hand trucks, vehicles, etc.).
- Keep your vehicle clean and orderly at all times.
- Ensure your vehicle is serviced at regular intervals and repaired when necessary to minimize breakdowns.
- Courtesy on the road is important at all times. Be polite to other drivers, it is a reflection on the image of the company.
- Dress and maintain your personal appearance in a professional manner and according to company policy.
- Report immediately to the General Manager any traffic violations, on or off duty that may affect your CDL and/or insurability. Investigate and report to the safety coordinator accidents within your team.
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct all of your activities in accordance to the local, state and federal liquor control regulations.
- Perform all work activities in accordance to the safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: The company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.