Department Marketing Manager – Litigation and Cross-Departmental Litigation
At Polsinelli, What a Law Firm Should Be, is not just our tagline, it is what we live every day. We strive to create a dynamic environment where our team members are encouraged to bring their creativity and professional passions into the workplace so that they can thrive. Polsinelli’s Litigation department and Cross-Departmental Litigation department is seeking an experienced, proactive and driven marketing professional to lead the marketing efforts for the litigation department and cross-departmental litigation department as its Department Marketing Manager. This role will be in one of our 21 offices. The successful candidate will be a team player with an ownership mindset. The Department Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with the chief marketing officer, the department chairs, and practice group leaders. The core responsibilities of the Department Marketing Manager include the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a senior member of the marketing department working collaboratively with managers, and coordinators to continuously drive business development strategies and our brand proposition in all of our markets.
- Partner with litigation and cross-departmental litigation department leadership and Practice Group leadership to develop, implement and execute strategic marketing plans for the Departments and its Practice Groups.
- Work closely with public relations and communications manager to promote awareness of practices, news and events, new hires, and other media opportunities on behalf of the departments.
- Support the execution of business development initiatives, programs, events and activities for the Departments and its Practice Groups. Partner with the Departments and Practice Group leadership to determine budgets and targets, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Manage and support RFP and pitch response strategy, including intelligence research and drafting targeted materials for strategic response.
- Develop and continuously improve marketing materials for client pitches, RFPs and external branding/website content and strategic surveys and submissions.
- Facilitate and coordinate strategic marketing discussions and deliver targeted business objectives for the Departments and its Practice Groups.
- Facilitate and foster collaborative conversations amongst lawyers and departments to information share and ‘connect-the-dots’ across the firm’s departments.
- Ensure all Departments and Practice Group data, statistics and accolades are continuously and consistently collected and updated in all places utilized.
- Assist the Departments and their Practice Groups identify client service opportunities, as well as prepare for and follow up on business development meetings and presentations.
- Conduct market research, gather industry information and perform other relevant research.
- Study and monitor the legal market and the various business industries important to the Departments and their Practice Groups.
- Partner and collaborate with Polsinelli’s Finance, Accounting and IT teams.
- Lead responses to surveys & submissions for the Departments and their Practice Groups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and/or Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years or more of relevant work experience in Legal (Am Law preferred) or other Professional Services industry
- Legal marketing experience
- Previous experience in a managerial role
- Exceptional business acumen and professionalism, a strong ability to identify and understand marketplace trends
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to identify and recommend effective solutions
- Must be responsive to inquiries from internal clients, diplomatic in answering questions or evaluating proposed ideas and thorough when offering feedback concerning results or issues that arise in the course of projects
- Experience managing budgets and driving cost-effective strategies
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with executives, and ability to handle ambiguous or dynamic requests with a flexible working style
- Desired characteristics: Detail-oriented, organized, professional, innovative, strategic, process-driven, accountable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, flexible, and accommodating
- Demonstrated Client service excellence
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Location: Hiring in one of our 21 offices nationwide
Position Title: Department Marketing Manager
Company Name: Polsinelli
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Experience Level: 7 years +
Required Travel: 0-20%
Polsinelli PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Marketing: 7 years (Preferred)
- Direct marketing: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations