WE'RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can't have happy without healthy. And isn't true happiness where it's at? So we've made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We're super passionate about the work that we do and we're on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you'll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two - in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we're headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
THE ROLE: DESIGN DIRECTOR
We're on the hunt for disruptive, strategic and collaborative Design Director to evolve OLLY to be a relevant, relatable and purpose-led brand. This role touches every creative expression of our brand—from digital (CRM, SMS, onsite, Omni, Amazon, Paid + Organic Social) to 360-Campaigns, Packaging, Innovation and In-Store Marketing.
You understand the importance of a cohesive brand experience and understand how that impacts the growth and scale of a business. You use insights and thought leadership to inform creative decisions which propel the brand forward. You strive for great, not good.
You are detailed obsessed, up on current design trends and passionate about engaging brand storytelling via design across platforms. We are looking for a passionate, people-centric leader to drive fresh ideas, execute flawless creative from concept to execution and inspire a design team to greatness.
This role leads a team of of 5 with 3 direct reports and reports into the VP of Creative.
- Lead creative direction of 360-campaign launches which modernize OLLY in both digital and print
- Lead design opportunities to grow digital by partnering with eCom stakeholders to co-create creative best practices per channel
- Increase our household penetration and awareness in partnership with Marketing with iconic, on-brand and memorable OOH, Experiential, Organic and Paid Social creative
- Lead packaging designers to evolve OLLY's packaging with considerations of acquiring new consumers
- Partner with Creative Strategist to infuse purpose-led content into all touchpoints
- Partner with VP of Creative to create in-house studio and double photography assets YoY
- Partner with Sr Creative Operations Director to establish best in class processes + practices that enable the team to work more efficiently and increase overall output
- Roll out comprehensive stakeholder alignment framework and increase design team capabilities and boost collaboration
- Manage projects and timelines effectively for on-time delivery
- Manage 3 Designers / Art Directors, contributing meaningfully to their growth and development
- Stay abreast of trends in the competitive landscape and inspire the team with disruptive designs
- Ensure cohesive design across platforms that are tailored to where the content lives
- Vet, onboard and manage external creative partners to develop cohesive, integrated content across multiple platforms
You are adept at building strong relationships at all levels of an organization and delivering best-in-class design solutions. You have a passion for partnership, engagement and for being an overall ambassador of our values (R.E.S.P.E.C.T, Transparent, Optimistic, Disruptive, Helpful). You know how to get things done but when you need help you ask for it, no task is too small. You are proactive, highly organized, self-driven and expect the best from yourself - you genuinely see the cup half full, even under pressure. You're looking for a job where no two days are the same and enjoy the opportunity to grow with the company. You like to solve problems and you want to work as an integral part of a team that makes great things happen.
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating deep experience in best-in-class 360 campaigns, digital design across all channels (ecommerce, paid media, email, onsite, social channels, etc.), as well as print including packaging, in-store and OOH (bonus if you have CPG packaging)
- 10-12 years of design + management experience at an agency or in-house creative team
- Experienced in photo art direction, planning pre and post shoots, expert at running a set and managing photographers, stylists and retouchers
- Know how to take a campaign from concept to execution and direct the team appropriately
- A fast and flexible go-getter who jumps on new opportunities and has a natural aptitude for collaboration
- Extensive knowledge of typography, layout, color theory, and excellent design aesthetic judgement
- Expertise in digital design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Figma, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to give thoughtful and actionable feedback
- Keen ability to present and discuss creative work to stakeholders
- Strong people leader with the ability to effectively coach, mentor and develop direct reports
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA - priority will be given to local candidates; relocation expenses not provided (Hybrid - Tuesdays in office / 4 days WFH)
HOURS: Full Time, Exempt (Salary)
MANAGER: VP of Creative
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. For all OLLY positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.