Scope: Ensures efficient operation of the early detection and education unit of the Cancer Support and Outreach-Early Detection and Education Department. Includes activities aimed at enhancing infrastructure, mobilizing support, utilizing data and research, building partnerships, and conducting evaluation.
- Administrative and personnel management of early detection and education unit
- Grants management
- Research and strategic planning
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree highly desired(MPH, MBA, MPA)
- Experience in healthcare disparities and trained in cultural competency desired
- Must be a health professional with cancer control experience
- Knowledge of cancer prevention strategies, early detection recommendations, treatment modalities, clinical trials, patient support and rehabilitation needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, facilitate networking and build teams among diverse groups from both the public and private, for-profit and not-for-profit sectors
- Professionalism, tact and diplomacy in dealing with physicians, allied health professionals and peers
- Analytical skills to gather and summarize information
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Public speaking & meeting facilitation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, think independently, take initiative and meet deadlines
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center is Louisiana’s leading cancer care organization, caring for more patients each year than any other facility in the region. For 50 years, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center has delivered with compassion and excellence the most advanced cancer care available and with strategic hospital and physician partnerships, we are delivering on our mission to improve survivorship and lessen the burden of cancer. Mary Bird Perkins and its partners work together to provide state-of-the-art treatments and unparalleled collaborative, comprehensive cancer services. This culture of innovation helps attract the best cancer minds in the country, from expert physicians and highly specialized scientists to forward-thinking leaders in supportive care and other disciplines. Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center provides care at nine centers in Baton Rouge, Covington, Hammond, Houma, Gonzales, Zachary and Natchez, Mississippi, and its service area encompasses southeast Louisiana and southwest Mississippi regions.
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center holds accreditations from the American College of Radiology, Commission on Medical Physics Education, Commission on Cancer, The Joint Commission, and QOPI certification program and the achieved the Association of Community Cancer Center’s Innovator Award.
We are one-hundred percent focused on cancer care and are growing our services across the region. Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center at our Essen location looking for a key leader to launch a comprehensive cancer program in the Baton Rouge market which includes medical oncology and infusion services.
Job Type: Full-time