Direct the activities of the Newport Custom Equipment facility including Planning, Scheduling, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Design and Pre-Sales activities, Quality, Production, Purchasing/Materials, Inventory Management, and Shipping and Receiving Functions consistent with current Company policy and needs, with emphasis on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Major Functional Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Safety – Accountable for establishing a safe workplace compliant with applicable external regulations and Vollrath specific requirements. Adherence to and enforcement of these practices is the primary responsibility of this position.
- Quality – Responsible for establishing and maintaining quality systems and standards that are in compliance with Vollrath Standard Quality Systems procedures for all products produced and materials purchased for use in production.
- Production Management – Ensure delivery performance to Vollrath standards. Create a flexible production facility that is equipped to handle normal business requirements in a highly cost effective manner and minimizes the impact of unusual circumstances. Focusing on effective utilization of resources assigned and reduction of lead-time to produce is essential.
- Financial performance – Responsible for establishment of and performance to annual financial goals. Continual focus on driving the organization to identify and implement opportunities to reduce cost of doing business. Establishment of active cost down programs to reduce cost of labor, materials and inventory investments without affecting quality and delivery.
- Resource Management – Create a working environment that causes people to give the discretionary effort on a consistent basis that will allow them and the organization to excel. Establish employee goals and objectives that align with corporate goals/objectives/strategies and measure their performance against these goals.
- Team work—actively participate in the development and refinement of the Vollrath Manufacturing System, which is focused on standardizing policies and practices that are used across all sites.
- Requires 10 years of experience with increasing decision-making responsibilities in a Design, Engineering and Manufacturing environment.
- Requires education equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Fine Arts/Industrial Design, Materials or Production Management from an accredited college or university
- Preferred education equivalent of Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Materials or Production Management from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge – Areas of specialty or expertise in general engineering, creative design, materials and manufacturing processes, LEAN manufacturing, business finance. Ability to read MFG and Architectural drawings and prints.
- Skill – Computer efficiency in Microsoft Office (Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel). Exposure to MRP systems. Familiarity with AutoCAD, 3-D Solid modelling programs, Adobe Creative products, and other manufacturing and design software is a plus.
- Competencies- Demonstrated Business Acumen, Command and leadership skills, Creativity, Client Focus, Timely and Quality Decision Making, ability to delegate, integrity and trust, Fairness and compassion to direct (and indirect) reports, ability to motivate and guide others, problem solve, set priorities, build effective teams and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Ability to perform required responsibilities independently, guided by the Company’s policies and objectives.
Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect – People matter. Understand your audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership – People are counting on you. Act with integrity and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action – We succeed when we work together. Our differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders – We are committed to knowing and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership and communities.
- Life Beyond Work – People need balance. Embrace opportunities to pursue your passions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time