Who We Are...
Since 1973, BPR has developed and managed unique hotels that were designed to create lasting memories. We strive to bring real passion and creativity into every project. As a family owned company, our team and hotels are a reflection of our core values: To be scrappy and hardworking, to be authentic and humble, to always seek to understand and be committed to growth.
The BPR team is a group of self-starters and outside the box thinkers. We are scrappy individuals who are committed to team growth. To us, every interaction and project is a chance to create a unique experience. It's a chance to roll up our sleeves and work with the resources we have. That's how we got our start.
Today, BPR is a company of 600 employees, with thirteen lifestyle and branded hotels, all unique to the communities they serve. Although we have grown tremendously since the beginning, the same core principles passed down from our founder remain intact. That's why we are committed to finding creative individuals who have what it takes to get the job done.
Help us build something unique.
Managed by BPR Properties, The Hotel Shattuck Plaza is a 199-room boutique hotel located in Downtown Berkeley, less than a 2 minute walk to the lively campus of the University of California Berkeley. The Hotel Shattuck Plaza welcomes its employees into its newly redesigned historic style with the perfect mix of contemporary design and vintage charm. To add to the flavor, the Hotel Shattuck Plaza proudly features ZINO, a Mediterranean cuisine restaurant in the Downtown Berkeley neighborhood. ZINO weaves together flavors and fresh ingredients inspired by 22 Mediterranean regions, food-friendly wines and craft brews from around the Bay. Curated craft cocktails complement tasty mezze, dips and dishes served in beautiful Mediterranean-style tagines. The artistically-designed interiors are refreshing, drawing on inspiration from the land and sea, creating a colorful social gathering place.
What We Look For...
We are looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing to lead a first-class Sales Team that provides strategic value to the company while developing and managing overall sales, catering, and marketing efforts and key accounts for the hotel.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for revenue maximization for hotel including group, contract, transient and catering.
- Manage and motivate sales effort for entire team to include a systematic and comprehensive marketing plan.
- Eliminate barriers to successful selling, streamline operations, recommend improvements and develop SOP's.
- Accountable to market performance and potential performance as well as budget, forecast, and target goals.
- Make recommendations for the recruitment, hiring and terminations.
- Administer training and performance reviews for the sales and catering team; review goals, give specific and timely feedback and coaching and counseling as needed.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of sales and catering team staff using effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments, and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales and marketing plan, annual goals, monthly sales success reports, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Research local competition, regularly visit competitive set; develop relationships with surrounding hotels, ensure we know the market conditions at all times.
- Solicit and service major accounts with sense of urgency; work to keep all clients happy, delivers contracts on time, and up to hotel standard.
- Promote positive relations with sales team, partners, vendors, internal customers, local CVB's, comp set hotels and hotel staff.
- Work with Front Office to understand PMS System & marketing, yield management process, trends and possible new special corporate accounts.
- Be a leader and role model to all employees.
The Model Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience as Director of Sales.
- 10+ years' experience in sales.
- 7+ years managerial experience.
- 7+ years hotel/hospitality experience.
Be Bold. Apply Now.
Like what you see? If interested, please apply now to be considered for this position.
**BPR Properties is an EOE M/F/D/V**