The Director of Service Provider Management is responsible for the design and development of the organization's service provider management program. The Director will grow and enhance the organization's relationships with new and existing service providers in support of customer requirements; as well as selection of the Company's service providers, and procurement to reduce and manage operational costs. The Director works closely with account teams, operations, and strategy/pricing to determine areas of improvement. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary interface with internal business partners to assess and prioritize needs
- Lead, scope, manage, and ensure the delivery Service Provider Management activities in accordance with business priority and urgency leveraging a work management system
- Proactively maintain and continuously improve health of coverage by account, based on prevailing KPI's, customer alignment and operational feedback
- Coordination of primary efforts to reduce unranked service provider dispatching, Preventative Maintenance unassigned coverage, and coverage gaps
- Work directly with Service Providers to communicate necessary organizational changes, improvement of performance, discussions regarding optimizing support footprint and negotiating new terms and conditions based on Service Provider agreement
- Manage, develop, and mentor leaders and individual Service Provider Management team members
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong customer focus and awareness with demonstrated ability to deliver to customer defined service levels
- 10+ years' experience in facilities management, property management, trade management, or related field
- Proven leader with the ability to develop, mentor, and create high performing team members
- Demonstrated success in leading team of partner managers, sourcing and/or procurement teams
- Ability to communicate with candor and transparency any thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
- Ability to listen with the intent to understand
- Proven ability to perform administrative activities necessary to effectively manage the department including, but not limited to, budget preparation, report preparation, salary administration.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, process improvement, and leveraging data to drive decision making
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and develop objectives, goals, and action plans to meet or exceed customer expectations within a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, proactive problem solving, and time management
- Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent conceptual and analytical skills, and a high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to create a strong sense of cooperation and teamwork throughout the organization
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite is needed for daily tasks; proficiency preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Maintenance or technical experience is a plus
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- BS degree in Business, Engineering or related field, or equivalent previous work experience
Certificate and/or License
The position requires travel. The annual rate of overnight travel is up to 25%