The duty of a Division Manager entails working with Administrator to develop the goals and objectives of the division of Cardiac Surgery The manager of the division develops and establishes guidelines for employees to follow; it is the responsibility of the division manager to ensure employees in his department comply with these guidelines. They are also responsible for fixing problems that occur in the division because these problems can be an obstruction to division goals and objectives; They achieves this by taking corrective actions.
Division managers are responsible for planning the duties of employees within the division. They often have sub-division heads reporting to them along with other staff. They do an appraisal of employee performance and monitors worker training program. They also perform the responsibility of recruiting and terminating workers as well as promoting and disciplining them.
- Bachelor degree from a four year college or university or related
field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years supervisory or management experience is preferred
- Supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of medical practice as requested including computer
systems, accounting, materials management, human resources, data processing, maintenance,
- Assists the Administrator in developing and marketing new products, services and subsidiaries.
- Assists in the selection, employment, development and management of employees. Responsible for
clinic personnel policies and practices.
- Coordinates with senior management on monitoring medical activities to ensure cost-effective and
high-quality health care for patients.
- Interacts with clinical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.