Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Discusses assigned instructional materials with teacher to coordinate instructional efforts.
2. Plans, prepares, and develops teaching aids such as bulletin boards, art media, etc. under teacher's direction.
3. Presents subject matter to students utilizing a variety of methods and techniques.
4. Assists students individually or in groups with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
5. Distributes teaching materials to students.
6. Assists in keeping order in the classroom.
7. Supervise students during lunch, recess, and bus loading.
8. Assist in activities that promote understanding between school and community.
9. May supervise a classroom when a teacher is called away due to an emergency.
10. Devote attention to children needing discipline and special attention.
11. Send notes home with teacher's approval.
12. Escort students to and from class.
13. Assist the teachers in preparing and organizing instructional materials.
14. Track each student's progress to provide information to teachers for instruction/re-instruction.
15. Assist with supervision of field trips.
16. Assist with supervision during emergency situations.
17. Participates in inservice sessions in the building and at program levels.
18. May assist the office staff with processing calls, mail, etc.
The job description as written will cover the most significant duties/responsibilities but does not exclude other work as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.89 - $20.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location