Are you detail oriented? Are you good at building relationships, building trust? Do you like problem solving and being creative? Accord serves individuals with disabilities, and we are looking for an Employment Specialist to join our team.
Look What We Offer!
Eligible for bonus up to $3,000!
****$2,000 paid in quarterly installments at 3,6,9, 12 months and $1,000 after ACRE certification **
Competitive wage ($20.00/hour) and benefit package with PTO, 8 paid holidays, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, NO COST short & long-term disability insurance, retirement savings plan options, employee wellness program, tuition assistance program, career advancement, mileage reimbursement for providing direct services, a positive, friendly work environment and much more.
Multiple Positions Available: Serving people in Anoka County Area OR Minneapolis/St Paul Area.
Working as an Employment Specialist:
- You remove barriers, you create relationships, and you are the key to helping others find success in their lives.
- You want to work in an ever-changing environment where each day is different!
- You are organized and passionate about helping people.
- You like flexibility, working both remotely and in person, willing to help out on nights/weekends on occasion
- You like problem solving and enjoy a good challenge.
Some of the Job Details:
- Hold a caseload of 20-25 people whom you get to know, support, and champion.
- Engage in communication with support teams, planning, and represent Accord.
- Attend meetings, advocate for the person you serve, and provide them with training.
- You will become credentialed in the MN Employment Services field.
- Go to the job sites and support the person when needed.
- Organize the details- help schedule, set up transportation, talk with employers, etc.
- Write reports, and maintain licensing requirements.
- You will explore, develop, and use your creative talents to help people find work.
You don’t need to have experience- we will train you!
You need passion to make a difference, and the desire to learn.
- All new hires will be required to provide proof of Covid 19 full vaccination or have an approved request for exemption before their start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field preferred. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. If you hold a Social Work degree, we expect you to be licensed by the Minnesota Board of Social Work, as required.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills as well as time management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and a vehicle.
- Must pass a Department of Human Services background study.
Typical work days are Monday-Friday 8am-4:430pm, some evenings or weekends for support as needed. 40 hour work week- mostly in the community with people, but also working remotely at times. A supportive and interactive work team.
Starting wages at $20/hour + excellent benefits!