Prologis is seeking an ambitious Finance Associate to scale our Global Energy, Sustainability & Mobility business. This position can be remote but will be based out of our San Francisco, CA U.S. headquarters. Owning over 4,725 buildings across the globe provides Prologis abundant opportunities for the holistic deployment of energy and sustainability programs that enable our customers to accelerate their sustainability plans. This role offers an unparalleled vantage to global sustainability and energy market development within one of the world's top companies.
The right candidate has developed a finance focus in the areas of energy, sustainability, and mobility in the US and Europe. Experience with renewable energy, carbon management, and electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure for corporate entities is ideal. The role will provide key financial advisory support to a growing team driving customer solutions for rooftop solar, energy supply, and optimization of the electrification of logistics fleets, including last-mile delivery and medium to heavy-duty vehicles.
- Support and lead rooftop solar, storage and other distributed energy asset acquisition transactions
- Own valuation processes including financial modeling, structuring, and validation of underwriting assumptions of mobility, rooftop solar, and other distributed energy acquisitions and JVs
- Coordination with U.S. and EU finance teams (tax, accounting, treasury) and asset management to ensure alignment and effective on-boarding of acquisitions
- Work across the Prologis organization to develop deep relationships with key internal stakeholders to develop a strategy that leverages Prologis' core capabilities, existing market channels, and commercial relationships
- Develop required core finance function processes and ensure appropriate business systems are in place, supporting Prologis' drive to be a data-driven organization
- Work alongside internal and external counsel to support the development of contract terms, templates, and risk mitigation strategies for standardized deal structures
- Relevant Bachelor's degree, Master's degree is a plus
- 3+ years of experience directly supporting the development, financing, and/or acquisition of distributed energy projects
- Familiar with energy project finance and capital markets to identify market-leading financing structures and capital sources
- Ability to understand, calculate, and present complex financial analyses to counterparties and internal stakeholders
- Strong understanding of energy markets, regulations, and dynamics
- Practical experience with clean energy incentives and tax mechanisms, such as carbon credit mechanisms & Renewable Energy Credits, and the general EV Tax credit program landscape
- Credit, liquidity, interest rate, currency, collateral, and counterparty risk modeling and analysis, stress testing, and hedging/mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of the real estate, supply chain, and logistics industries is a plus
- Customer-centric and innovative mindset focused on solving customer pain points by providing products and solutions that meet the customer's needs
- Leadership ability in a high-performance culture with the ability to build consensus
- Superior strategic-thinking skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and the ability to challenge and question perceived norms
- Experience with and passion for networking and building relationships with entrepreneurs, senior executives, and market/industry experts
- Ability to work both independently and on a team under tight deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Hiring Salary Range of: $116,000.00 - $142,000.00. Salary to be determined by the candidate's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.