The OpportunityDelaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring Food Service Cashiers to join our team at LAX Airport in Los Angeles, California. As a Food Service Cashier, you will display a positive attitude with guests and co-workers while accurately ringing up merchandise and product in an efficient manner.
Pay rate is $18.04 / hour
Full Time Employee Total Rewards Package:
Delaware North believes in a total rewards package that helps us recruit and retain the best associates in the industry. We have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety and stability they need to serve our guests each and every day. Below is a listing of many of our benefits:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Shift Differential
- Paid Meals
- Paid time off including personal Holidays, Holidays, sick days and vacation
- Paid Parking
- Greet guests approaching stand and provide details to guests on items for sale while using suggestive selling techniques.
- Serve food and beverage items in correct proportions, following proper sanitation guidelines.
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, and adheres to all alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Participate in set-up, opening & closing procedures, arrange inventory, notifies supervisor of any inventory deficiency or shortages.
- Perform clean-up duties in the stand to maintain the quality appearance of the work area, including cleaning equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned in addition to cashier duties (if applicable).
- Properly record all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of the amounts owed.
- Collect the proper money for food and beverage items; processes credit cards or determines correct change for guests.
- Account for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift.
- Ability to provide excellent guest service.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for the entire length of shift.
- Frequent standing, bending, stooping, carrying, walking, sitting, and reaching.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.