The Food Service Manager is a management position responsible for developing and implementing dining solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Oversees and manages dining operations where customers order prepared foods from a menu.
- Use Aramark's coaching model to engage and develop team members to their fullest potential
- Reward and recognize employees
- Ensure individual and team performance meets objectives and client expectations
- Plan and lead daily team briefings
- Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations
- Identify client needs and communicate operational progress
- Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements
- Deliver client and company financial targets
- Adopt all Aramark processes and systems, understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; educate teams on key levers to improve margins
- Bring value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management
- Follow the Operational Excellence fundamentals by meeting and maintaining food and labor initiatives
- Ensure entire team is trained and able to implement
- Supervise team regarding production, quality and control
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees
- Follow all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour
- Lead the front of the house of the dining operation (Cafeteria/ Residential Dining Facility) in conjunction with the Food Service Director
- Plans, directs, and coordinates food service activities in order to deliver a finished product to the customer
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Requires at least 1 year of experience
- Requires at least 1 year of experience in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard service model
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with other departments to a unified food service experience for all customers
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lb.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential.