Job descriptionABOUT US
SportsMEDIA Technology – (SMT) is the pioneer in sports technology, having re-imagined the fan experience 30 years ago. Since then, we’ve revolutionized how sports fans watch their favorite events, whether in the stands, livestreaming or on television. Through innovative real-time and wireless data and display systems, SMT’s impact is evident in every major international sport on the world’s stage, from football and soccer to tennis and golf. Along the way, SMT has grown to become the premier technology provider for pinnacle world-renowned events, including the tennis Grand Slams, golf majors, the Olympics, NHL, NBA, the New York City Marathon and CrossFit Games. SMT designed and developed the official scoring, statistics, and onsite live presentation systems for the NBA, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, the CrossFit Games, all four golf majors, and the four tennis slams.
SMT services hundreds of major U.S and international sports events, as well as major sports broadcasters, teams and organizing bodies, resulting in a sports technology powerhouse unequaled in the industry. SMT continues to blaze the trail in sports technology with innovative biometrics and player and object tracking, mobile apps, analytics, video production services, wireless information systems, and on-site services. SMT’s products have become a regular part of the viewing experience for fans and an invaluable asset for clients. SMT's growth has led to the creation of several divisions, with divisions in Durham, NC, Fremont, CA, Jacksonville, FL, and Toronto, Canada.
SMT are a pioneer in sports technology having revolutionized how sports fans watch their favorite events from the first yellow first-down line to the first real-time position tracking for motorsports. SMT’s Creative and Digital Media group develops new digital applications that utilize our core technologies and builds out the cloud infrastructure to handle high volume live sports data. Leveraging our relationships with major sporting organizations including NASCAR, PGA TOUR, NHL, and FIFA we create products to enhance the fan experience, build professional tools for performance analysis, and create innovative broadcast visualizations such as FOX’s ghost car for NASCAR.
As a Full Stack engineer you will be pairing cutting-edge sports technology and data to develop and manage our client applications on a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, broadcast, web).
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant full-stack experience
- Expert proficiency with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience designing and interfacing with RESTful API's
Skills, Accomplishments, and Abilities (preferred)
- Knowledge of latest open standards and web technologies and how to use them effectively
- Experience building Electron Apps for cross-platform deployment (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- WebSocket (client and server)
- Experience with other SQL and NoSQL DBs
- Experience with high volume live data
- CLI, Bash/csh/PowerShell scripting
- Video encoding, decoding, streaming, and browser playback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of 3D math
- Three Medical Plans – UHC Premier, Basic and Kaiser
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long-term and short-term Disability plans
- Life & AD/D Insurance Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off/PTO plan.
- Bay Club Gym Membership
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Sporting event tickets
Are you ready to join the SMT Team and be a Game Changer?
SMT is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates are subject to criminal background checks.
SMT participates in E-Verify.