The Garde Manger is responsible for managing and preparing dishes on the cold food station.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily preparation for mise en place for the cold food station.
- Preparation of salads and sandwiches for the restaurant.
- Maintaining accurate prep lists, tasting all of your ingredients, and excellence in food presentation.
- Assist with staff meals.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of recipes, ingredients, allergens, and food presentation.
- Ensure that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet the TIN Building standards.
- Maintain department cleanliness and organization, adhere to safe work and equipment practices, and follow all food safety, health and sanitation standards.
- Properly store and/or discard leftover food.
- Set up, stock stations, and replenish kitchen inventory and supplies as needed.
- Ensure all the products and prepared items are properly labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated following FIFO (first in, first out).
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift, in uniform, as per uniform standards.
- Complete any other task given with as required in a timely and professional manner.
- Operate ethically to protect the assets and image of the company.
- Must be able to maintain a schedule availability flexible to the business demands.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Culinary degree and/or certificate highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a full service, high-volume, fast paced kitchen or food service environment a plus.
- Must have excellent knife skills and are proficient in all aspects of cooking.
- Demonstrated experience with various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Have experience on cold stations in the kitchen.
- Working knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to follow and execute recipes to designated specifications.
- Ability to work in a clean, organized, and efficient manner in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills conducive to a productive teamwork environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic, team player, and customer-focused approach.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be passionate, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to success.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistently, safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolong periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the property. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms, and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Climbing steps regularly.
Creative Culinary Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fast casual restaurant
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
- Upscale casual restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location