Guest Services Associate: Winter Park
Location: Bowers School Farm
OVERVIEW: Bloomfield Hills Schools manages Bowers School Farm as an outdoor learning site to support student learning and community outreach.
Bowers School Farm is a working urban farm with diversified animal, fruit, and vegetable production. Visitors can enjoy the beautifully maintained horticultural gardens, historical relevance, and a unique connection to food production. Purchased in the mid-1960s to be used as a land laboratory, the farm welcomes over 35,000 visitors annually for school field trips, summer camps, community events, and recreational programs. It is housed off of I-75 on 93 acres within Bloomfield Hills.
PURPOSE: As the guest services representative, your main responsibility is to engage visitors. You will be working in admissions or our retail and concessions stand. On occasion, you will be working on the outdoor tubing hill.
This full-time seasonal position works evenings and weekends indoors and outdoors in January and February.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcoming visitors to Winter Park and ensuring that each ticketed guest has a corresponding signed waiver on file
- Operate point of sale system, process sales, count, and balance drawer
- Assisting customers with the purchase of farm products, food, beverage, and other merchandise
- Serve food from concessions, including serving hot chocolate, packaging fresh donuts, and preparing ready-to-serve foods for distribution
- Assist with retail operations including preparing the coolers, maintaining inventory levels, and registering all sales
- Clear communication skills and an orientation toward customer satisfaction
- Strong desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done well
- Maintain a clean, inviting, and safe work environment
- Must be committed to the mission and purpose of Bowers School Farm and Bloomfield Hills Schools.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position (i.e.ice skating, lifting up to 25-30 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs., standing for long periods of time)
- Must be willing to work outdoors on evenings and weekends
STATUS: The position is currently available. This is a Bloomfield Hills Schools Conditions of Employment for Unaffiliated Staff position.
RATE OF PAY: $13.10-$17.40
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applicants who are chosen for this position must also submit an application at: www.oakland.k12.mi.us/OHRC.
It is the policy of the Bloomfield Hills Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws, in its programs, services, activities, or employment practices. Inquiries related to discrimination on the basis of disability should be directed to the Section 504 Coordinator: Director of Special Education, 7273 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301, (248) 341-5415. Direct all other inquiries related to discrimination to: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Labor Relations, 7273 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301, (248) 341-5425.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Full-time
Pay: $13.10 - $17.40 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- After school
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location