Job descriptionJob Summary: Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, Apple workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing staff.
- Report required patient data to partnering agencies.
- Assist clinical trainers in provider and site set up for transition to EHR.
- Contact Practice Management vendor for support, trouble tickets, and adding EDI services for providers.
- Contact ISP and phone vendors for service interruptions and outages.
- Monitor system backup and perform daily back up functions.
- Create various clinical and financial reports as requested by management.
- Upload patient vaccine records to State immunization registry.
- Monitor auto import interfaces, correct error s on failed reports.
- Program phones, set up and maintain call handlers, schedules and extensions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position may require sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as bending, and reaching.
- Occasionally required to lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.