As a Host you will be one part handy helper and two parts guest service guru, throwing your charismatic personality straight into the social mix. Your open mind to new approaches and interest in learning from others will ensure you develop valuable skills even as you help create an energetic atmosphere sure to lift guests' spirits.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists guests with inquires and reservations.
- Seat guests in tables using proper rotation and adhering to all relevant guest requests.
- Review specials and reservations, note special requests.
- Full knowledge of menu items and ingredients, functions of service employees, house and hotel rules and regulations.
- Phone answering while still following all service standards.
- Assists in to-go ordering over the phone and in person.
- Maintain and clean host stand, dining room, and side stations throughout.
- Take down, align and straighten chairs.
- Check floor and sweep/mop if necessary - including entry/wait area.
- Clean and wipe down menus, host station, table tops, chairs, booths, general entry wait and common areas.
- Breakdown, sorting, stocking of glassware, plate ware, flatware, and rollups.
- Remain up-to-date on Hotel current events and the hours of operation of all food and beverage outlets.
- Must provide courteous and friendly service to all guests and employees.
- Knowledge of how other departments relate to the operation of Overlook Grill, and proactively interact with them to coordinate activities or correct problems.
- Completion of daily sidework, as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
- At least 6 months previous relevant experience in a high volume restaurant or major hotel/resort.
- A warm, welcoming, and positive demeanor towards guests and fellow CoStars.
- Open am/afternoon availability, including weekends and holidays and ability to work flexible hours.
- Knowledge of current Las Vegas events/attractions/nightlife.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of POS/computer systems and adaptability to learn and implement new technological systems.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Co-Stars and other departments.
- Full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules, policies and procedures.
- Must possess a passion for the industry and assisting to maintain a team in collaborative environment.
- Must possess the disposition to have fun at work and display that spirit to our guests.
- Ability to develop, lead, maintain, and enhance guest relations through personalized experience and unscripted guest interactions.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to apply reasoning to variety of situations resulting in successful outcomes for co-stars and guest.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Previous experience in a large, casino resort setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an indoor/outdoor environment.
- Temperatures vary between 40 -120 degrees.
- Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, employees and guests.
- Prolonged standing and mobility.
- Carrying, bending and reaching.
- Transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Strong eye/hand coordination.
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Basic math.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to wear and work in required uniform and shoes as detailed in departmental policies.
- The ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Ability to comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.
- Health Card