Role Summary: (Include a brief summary of the role)
Front Desk Agents represent the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determinates a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guest complete registration cards and then assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
Must be sales minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Also knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s, Foreign currency exchange etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include Essential Duties Only)
· Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
· Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
· Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
· Understands room status and room status tracking.
· Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
· Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
· Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
· Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
· File room keys ( only for manual room key hotels)
· Knows how to use front office equipment.
· Process guest check-outs.
· Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
· Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
· Uses proper telephone etiquette.
· Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures. Courier Mail Register
· Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
· Attends department meetings.
· Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
· Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
· Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
· And any other duties assigned by the Assistant Guest Experience Manager and the Guest Experience Manager.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS – (hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job).
Minimum Hiring Requirements: (Below are the first Minimum Requirements and any you add must align with the Role’s duties).
- Must have completed High School or GED Diploma
- 2 to 3 experience as a Front Desk preferably in a five star international hotel. Hospitality and Tourism experience preferred.
Safety Requirements: (List any safety or sanitation requirements under first paragraph)
- All Associates are required to abide by all Safety rules and ensure they perform each task by practicing safe work habits. Any associate who incurs any type of injury is required to report immediately to their immediate supervisor or the Security Officer on duty.
Language Requirements: (Listed are the minimum Language requirements, please list any additional ones the role may require):
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests;
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms;
- Proficiency in effectively presenting information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers;
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German is preferred;
Physical Requirements: (Listed are the minimum Physical requirements, please list any additional ones the role may require):
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; full dexterity in use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel experience: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location