Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members "do better." Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it's about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring an HR Business Partner at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to work with assigned business departments/clients to deliver HR programs and solutions that enable business/department success. They will serve as a reliable and trustworthy consultant for leadership levels in the business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate across HR functions to deliver HR products and services to assigned leaders and clients.
- Provide general HR services by coaching and advising managers on issues such as performance management, compensation, strategy, employee relations, succession planning, learning and development, change management, employee engagement and talent acquisition.
- Provide insights, data and analysis regarding people and organizational issues to guide decisions and solutions.
- Utilize strong knowledge of HR related legal requirements to minimize legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance; partner with legal counsel as needed on individual situations and projects such as policy development or implementing regulatory changes.
- Counsel management on employee relation issues and provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary action; conduct employee investigations as needed.
- Consult leadership on workforce events i.e. reorganizations, job elimination, mergers & acquisitions, and workforce planning in order to minimize risk to PenFed and enable business success.
- Maintain a high level of contact and visibility with employees at all levels to foster, respectful trusting and credible relationships.
- Serve as the catalyst for initiating appropriate HR processes i.e. job evaluation, headcount approvals, facilitate with Talent Acquisition the posting of open positions, terminations and exits.
- Serve on project teams to ensure deliverables are met on a timely and quality basis.
- Proactively seek knowledge and expertise in the HR environment, general business trends and practices.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years progressive Human Resources experience including consulting, leadership and organizational development is required.
- Advanced degree with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or related field is highly preferred.
- Experience coaching and influencing senior management with demonstrated program development expertise is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is highly preferred.
PHR/SPR Certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with COVID-19, we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with applicable current local and state guidance.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country's strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Swedish Hospital, Part of NorthShore Chicago, IL 60625 30+ days ago