About the Position:
YAI has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist to provide on-site support at Premier HealthCare a member of the YAI network. The position provides a great amount of autonomy and variety, truly no two days are the same. This is a true generalist position with responsibility for the full employment life cycle from sourcing and acquisition, to performance management and development, to day to day advice, guidance and support.
Mission Statement YAI:
YAI is a network of agencies offering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a comprehensive range of services across all ages. YAI empowers people with disabilities to reach their goals every day. Our enthusiastic staff of 4,000 professionals believes that everyone has a fundamental right to live, love, work, and learn. If you share our vision and want to help support people to live the fullest lives possible, apply to this position.
- Partnering with Clinic Leadership and Managers to ensure goals are met. Guiding and supporting them to ensure a consistent staff experience.
- With support of Human Resources Manager act as a liaison between staff and managers to resolve employee issues including complaints and performance issues.
- Address all issues and concerns of staff members and participate in investigations as appropriate.
- Provide visible HR presence and support to staff and supervisors alike.
- Frequently attend and participate in operational meetings. Be able to present new HR initiatives at these meetings, explain the “why,” and foster understanding and excitement.
- Work with Senior Leadership to address any “crisis” situations that arise. Be able to see “the big picture” and create solutions for crisis situations while continuing to work towards YAI’s/Premier’s mission.
- Be able to assess and identify organizational needs, streamline processes.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all levels of staff.
- Oversee and execute recruitment processes, resource hard to fill positions. Ensure the smooth and efficient onboarding of new hires.
- Formulate and build-on partnerships with Healthcare Departments at Colleges and Universities in the Tri-State.
- Roll out engagement and retention efforts.
- Policy and procedure development, implementation and advice. Be the go-to person for any policy or procedure related questions.
- Develop and champion new initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the wider HR team, specifically onboarding and benefits.
- Other duties as may be needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or similar, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years’ plus progressive Human Resources experience.
- Familiarity with I/DD field preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Willing to take initiative.
- Proven influencing skills.
- Highly flexible personality type.
- Project Management.
- Internal consulting.
- Performance Management.
- Creative problem solver.
- Knowledge of Workday or other HRIS systems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam or disabled veteran. YAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.