Intake Specialist (Contract) - Sacramento
Position: Intake Specialist (2-16 years’ experience)
To Apply: Send résumé, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Liza Thantranon, Regional Counsel
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Start Date: July 7, 2022
Founded in 1956, Legal Services of Northern California (LSNC) provides high quality civil
legal assistance to the poor, elderly, and people with disabilities in 23 northern California
counties and health consumers in 32 counties.
This position is located in Sacramento. The intake specialist will provide assistance to clients in
all counties served by the health grants. The position requires work during weekday evenings
and on weekends. Under the supervision of the health Regional Counsel, the intake specialist
will conduct intake by phone and in person with prospective clients and provide limited legal
information and referral assistance to the public.
1. Determine client/applicant's eligibility by phone or in person.
2. Correctly fill out intake and information sheets.
3. Determine the nature of the client's problem, conduct appropriate research or factual
investigation and consult with/report findings to the appropriate attorney.
4. Convey attorneys’ advice to both telephone and walk-in clients.
5. Schedule interview and clinic appointments.
6. Evaluate appropriateness of referral agencies and groups.
7. Provide clients with proper referrals to volunteer attorneys, community groups, advice
letters and self-help packets, and other appropriate resources.
8. Screen calls for significant issues.
9. Maintain an adequate supply of self-help packets, meet regularly with project staff and
provide feedback to units so as to ensure that self-help packets are up-to-date, and that
all areas of relevant law are addressed.
10. Participate in case reviews and staff meetings with advocacy staff.
11. Prepare routine correspondence.
12. Under supervision of an attorney, provide legal assistance and advocacy for individual
and group clients.
13. Conduct legal education presentations to members of the community.
14. Serve on LSNC committees, where appropriate.
15. Attend appropriate training sessions and seminars.
16. Perform additional duties as assigned consistent with qualifications.
1. Knowledge/Skills : Knowledge of poverty law, interviewing techniques, computer
research methods, community resources, and counseling methods. Excellent reading
and comprehension skills; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to analyze,
develop and implement work plans; ability to work independently and accept supervision;
ability to use the phone in a professional and courteous manner; ability to take notes
and document activities in an organized manner; ability to relate to and communicate
with the client community and community organizations; to have good listening skills
and make the client feel at ease during the interview; ability to evaluate, assess, and
make proper referrals.
2. Experience/Education: Two years of college education, or two years prior direct
significant experience providing direct service to low-income persons or other
3. Language: An ability to relate to the client community and communicate with clients;
bilingual in English and another language commonly spoken in our client communities
preferred but not required.
SALARY RANGE: $3,334 to $4,078 per month DOE
BENEFITS: Legal Services of Northern California offers an excellent fringe benefit
LSNC PROVIDES A BILINGUAL BONUS FOR EMPLOYEES WHO SPEAK A SECOND
LANGUAGE, OTHER THAN ENGLISH, COMMONLY SPOKEN BY CLIENTS WHEN THE
SECOND LANGUAGE IS USED ON THE JOB FOR WHICH THE PERSON IS
LSNC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AND ENCOURAGES WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, OLDER
PEOPLE, AND LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PEOPLE TO APPLY.
Location: 517 - 12th Street
Sacramento,CA 95814, Sacramento, CA 95814
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $3,334.00 - $4,078.00 per month