Job Title: Inventory Planner (Part Time)
Department: Sales & Operations
Reports to: CEO & COO
Location: Remote or Ventura, CA
Salary: $40-60 / hour, DOE
1-2 days / week.
In this role, you’ll drive the development and professionalization of Orbit’s Planning function to continually improve the way Orbit delivers its overall customer experience and achieves its business targets. As Inventory Planner, you’ll craft, manage, lead and professionalize Orbit’s planning capability. You’ll collaborate with Marketing, Operations and Finance teams to ensure the optimal level of inventory availability, sales forecast accuracy, and optimized inventory levels for Orbit’s sales channels. You’ll apply a modern approach and best practices to planning, across strategy, systems, processes and tools.
More About You
You are an enthusiastic, friendly, service-oriented, energetic, technically-savvy and motivated to support your teammates in a startup environment. You seek and apply innovative solutions to the art & science of Planning and are an aspiring master of your craft. You’ll continually develop and drive improvement towards building a world-class planning capability and possess a desire to make a profound and lasting impact at the brand at this formative stage.
· Collaborate with the Marketing and Production team regionally and globally to manage the purchasing process, new launches, phase-in, phase-out items.
· Own, manage and improve Orbit’s Inventory Plan & Sales Forecast by integrating historical and forward-looking data.
· Lead existing planning meetings with the executive team and global counterparts.
· Lead the development of Orbit’s Planning function, planning process and professionalize into a world-class capability.
· Implement core Planning KPI and drive continuous improvement on; Sales Forecast Accuracy, Stock Availability, Stock Turns, Safety Stock Levels, and Inventory Optimization
· Collaborate closely with the Service team to manage and improve Parts forecasting and availability.
· Establish and optimize proper safety stock levels to support improved product availability.
· Plan and manage Orbit’s channel inventory for both eCommerce and Retail, including Nordstrom, Amazon and specialty boutiques.
· Identify, propose & implement the appropriate Planning software & toolset to automate and empower more effective collaboration.
· 10-15 years of planning experience, preferably within a growing, global brand and within the juvenile products or related industries.
· Availability to focus on Orbit 1-2 days per week.
· Exceptional communication skills & comfortable working across multiple communication channels.
· A proven track record of embedding Planning excellence into a company during the startup and growth phase.
· Technically proficient, with a strong mastery of Excel & Contemporary Planning solutions & tools.
· Expert knowledge of forecasting models and statistical modeling techniques.
· An expert understanding of Planning KPI definition & implementation.
· An understanding of Product Lifecycle management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Supply-Chain, Mathematics or a related field. MBA is a plus but not required.
· The ability to work flexibly & remotely.
· An environment conducive to growth and career development.
· A fun-loving, success-oriented and growing team.
· Competitive pay structure & benefits.
· Resumes submitted without a cover letter will be rejected.
About Orbit Baby
Founded in 2004, Orbit Baby is a leader in the modern-day luxury baby stroller industry. Known for their patented technology and innovative travel systems, their goal has always been to design the safest and most versatile baby products in the marketplace. Their patented Smart Hub™ technology enabled their baby seat to smoothly turn 360 degrees without disruption, and allowed perfect compatibility and modularity of their stroller, car seat and bassinet. Orbit Baby travel systems quickly became heralded for their convenience, style, safety, and optimized role in engagement between baby, parent, and the world around them. Orbit Baby has newly returned to the North American market with an all-new leadership team and a collection of updated products developed for safety, style, and premium comfort for babies and parents.
Orbit Baby provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $60.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote