The Celestar Corporation is seeking a Law Enforcement Subject Matter Expert to provide support to the Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). The position will be seated in Washington, DC. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to post for this challenging opportunity.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Shall already possess an active security clearance (minimum MRPT)
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: One (1) Year from the Date of Award with the potential for four (4) follow-on Option Years.
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S. interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous and secure world.
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance, Employee Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance as well. We also offer a 401K retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time off.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Law enforcement operations and training (i.e., patrol, crime prevention, crime analysis, investigations, special weapons and tactics/, special units (e.g. K-9, etc.), use of force, internal affairs, maritime interdictions, curriculum development, academy and field training, etc.);
- Law enforcement administration (i.e., finance, personnel, procurement, logistics, case management, etc.);
- Law Enforcement leadership (i.e., management, supervision, accountability, community relations, diversity and inclusion, human resources, budgeting and organizational development, including strategic planning, etc.);
- Policy development.
Overall Minimum Qualifications:
- SMEs must be employed in the respective lines of work for which they are being considered (i.e. police officer, prosecutor, etc.), or be recently retired/separated within the last five (5) years.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate in English (Foreign Service Institute standard level four for writing, reading comprehension, speaking for U.S. citizens and level three for third/host country nationals) foreign languages.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and ability to operate a standard transmission vehicle (an International Driving Permit for third/host country nationals).
- SME shall already possess an active security clearance (MRPT up to Secret level);
- Good health and be able to pass requisite physical, medical and psychological tests if required for assigned mission/country and be able to sustain a deployment up to nine (9) months.
- Valid U.S. passport (for non – U.S. citizens, valid passport from their country of citizenship) for at least six months at all times.
- The ability and willingness to train other individuals in their area of expertise.
- Unblemished background.
- Additional qualifications, such as specific language fluency, will be enumerated in specific orders.
Level 1 Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in international relations, law enforcement, public policy or related field; • Five (5) years’ work experience; • Three (3) to five (5) years of experience within field of expertise as required by INL.
Level 2 Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in international relations, law enforcement, public policy or related field; • Five (5) to nine (9) years’ work experience; • Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience within field of expertise as required by INL.
Level 3 Minimum Qualifications • Master’s degree from an accredited institution (bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in international relations, law enforcement, public policy or related field plus ten years’ experience within field of expertise as required by INL can be substituted); • Ten to 15 years’ work experience; Eight (8) to 15 years of experience within field of expertise as required by INL.
Level 4 Minimum Qualifications • Doctorate degree from an accredited institution (bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in international relations, law enforcement, public policy or related field plus 20 years’ experience within field of expertise as required by INL can be substituted); • 15 years’ work experience.
- Experience working overseas;
- Experience working with INL;
- Experience working in an Embassy environment; and
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with U.S. Government contracting processes and procedures.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Best Athlete Selection Process! With this in mind, please ensure that the required and/or desired experience is reflected on your resume to receive fair and competitive consideration.
Come onboard with a company that Values its Employees!
Celestar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or national origin.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Celestar, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment