Weaver’s Orchard Inc.
40 Fruit Ln, Morgantown, PA 19543
Job title: Lead Food Production Member
We’re looking for a new team member who strives for excellence and brings positive energy, commitment, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day. Do you enjoy working in food production? Join our team as a Lead Food Production Member! We are seeking someone passionate about serving quality food products to our customers. This is a full-time position and needs to be someone who is able to take a lead role in various departments: bakery, kitchen, deli and donuts and assist in other departments as needed on occasion. Must be 18+ yo and includes some Saturdays. No Sundays. Hours can be between 7:00 am and 7:30 pm. Shift duration ranges from 4 to 8 hours.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have high school diploma.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must have the ability to lead a team by example and delegate.
· Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must have experience in culinary setting.
· Must have strong organizational skills
· Some knowledge of food production and safety.
· Basic kitchen skills and ability to follow a recipe.
· Some experience in deli preferred.
· Follow instructions left by department manager (deli, kitchen, bakery, donuts) to produce the necessary food product for that day(s).
· Follow recipes precisely while cooking/baking a recipe to produce a product consistent with the managers.
· Give instructions to other staff, continuing training that the manager began.
· Ensure daily tasks for opening, closing and in-between are being completed.
· Follow food safety requirements
· Operate in a manner that eliminates food waste, cooperating with other departments as necessary.
· Be willing to help in other departments as needed.
Individual shall be:
· Pleasant and willing to communicate with customers.
· Capable of maintaining a positive attitude in all types of customer/employee interactions.
· Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
· Organized and neat.
· Willing to learn new things and receive correction from manager(s).
· Ability to be flexible and problem-solve.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
· Must be able to lift at minimum 50lbs.
· Must be able to stand on feet and walk for duration of 4–8-hour shifts.
· Ability to work in a heated environment.
Due to the nature of this position, and the image we wish to convey, we require conservative, neat/ clean attire. Additionally, Body Art (tattoos) must be small and appropriate in content and in keeping with a professional image. Body piercings should be minimal. Small earrings and small studs in nose or eyebrow are permitted. No tongue or lip studs/rings are permitted. Hair color shall appear natural (i.e. not green, purple, etc.) and style shall be conservative. Any other requirements will be found in the Employee Handbook.
Full-time hours between 7:00 am and 7:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Some shifts can start as early as 6:00 am. Days can be flexible. This individual must be dependable and reliable. Some Saturdays are required, but no Sundays. Your availability is agreed to when you interview/sign the job offer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 - $15.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location