FLSA Status: Part-time
Location: Positions available at both our Southeast and Northwest Y branches
Reports to: Aquatics Director/Coordinator
- Maintain a safe and clean environment at the Monroe County YMCA aquatics facility.
- React to an emergency situation as a qualified first responder.
- Part-time staff should work a minimum of fifteen (15) hours per month on a consistent basis, or instruct a class a minimum of twice a week on a consistent basis.
- Lead by example and perform all lifeguard duties at a high level.
- Ensure all lifeguards are maintaining a safe and clean pool facility during each shift.
- Fulfill all lifeguard duties (on time, chemical checks, chemical interactions, etc.).
- Communicate regularly with all on-call guards regarding open shifts, special situations, etc.
- Be aware of pool(s) conditions – cleanliness, chemical balance, etc.
- Assist with cleaning responsibilities.
- Assist with on-call weekend duty as needed.
- Must attend monthly in-services.
- Two on-call weekends per season.
- Other duties as requested by aquatics director or coordinator.
- Must have and maintain current lifeguard and CPR certifications and be able to successfully perform life-saving skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
The YMCA of Monroe County, founded on Christian principles, is a charitable organization with an inclusive environment committed to enriching the quality of family, spiritual, social, mental and physical well-being. Through group exercise classes, youth programs, swim lessons, adult health programs, and more, we aim to build a healthier Monroe County. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.